Xceft 200mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xceft 200mg Tablet Description
Xceft 200mg tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It is a combination medicine that contains cefixime, cloxacillin and lactobacillus sporogenes.
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Cloxacillin(500.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(90.0 M)|
|Uses||treatment of bacterial infection|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, flatulence, stomach upset, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Cloxacillin(500.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(90.0 M)
Uses of Xceft 200mg Tablet
- Treatment of bacterial infection
Contraindications of Xceft 200mg Tablet
- Kidney disease
- Allergy to the active components of this tablet
Side effects of Xceft 200mg Tablet
- Upset stomach
- Mouth sores
Precautions and Warnings of Xceft 200mg Tablet
Can I take Xceft 200mg tablets during pregnancy?
No adequate well-controlled studies have been performed on pregnant women. However, even if you need to take medicine, the benefits should outweigh the potential risk to the fetus. Please consult the doctor for advice.
Can Xceft 200mg tablets be used during breastfeeding?
Xceft 200mg tablet should not be used in pregnancy unless considered absolutely essential by the physician.
Is it safe to drive after I have taken Xceft 200mg tablets?
The tablet does not impair your ability to drive; however, if you observe any side effects like confusion or impairment of consciousness, then your driving ability may be compromised.
Can I consume alcohol with Xceft 200mg tablets?
No interaction established. Consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have haemolytic anaemia
- You have acute kidney failure
- You have kidney impairment
- You have liver disease
- You have antibiotic-associated colitis
- You are taking herbal, nutritional supplements like vitamins, minerals
- You have severe cutaneous adverse reactions to cefixime
- You are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics
Mode of Action of Xceft 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefixime and Cloxacillin work by the exact mechanism; it binds to specific penicillin-binding proteins that inhibit the proper formation of bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial cell death. Lactobacillus sporengenes restores the bacterial count in the intestine, thereby preventing side effects like diarrhoea which can occur as side effects of cefixime and cloxacillin....
Directions for Use of Xceft 200mg Tablet
- Follow the instructions on the prescription carefully. In case of doubt, ask the pharmacist or the doctor for clarification
- Do not crush, break or chew the tablet
- Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water
Interactions of Xceft 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Administration of anticoagulants with antibiotics may prolong the prothrombin time
- A false-positive reaction for glucose may occur with Benedict's or Fehling's solution
- The therapeutic efficacy of BCG and typhoid vaccine decreases when given in combination with cloxacillin
- The serum concentration of levofloxacin increases when taken with cloxacillin
- The excretion of methotrexate is decreased when taken with cloxacillin
Storage and disposal of Xceft 200mg Tablet
Store at room temperature Keep out of children's reach Keep away from excess light and moisture Do not flush the unused or expired tablets; talk to your pharmacist or physician about ways to discard the tablets safely...
Dosage of Xceft 200mg Tablet
Excess dosing can cause poisoning, which may lead to severe adverse reactions. Symptoms of overdose like headache, dizziness and fainting might be noticed. In case of accidental poisoning, rush to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If a dose is missed, take the tablet immediately or wait for the approaching dose and take it at the right time. Do not take two doses at once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for this tablet to work?
A: The tablet starts to work after about an hour. However, it may take a few days to eradicate the infection entirely; therefore, do not stop the medications if the symptoms disappear.
Q: Is this tablet safe for pediatric use?
- Safety of the components like cefixime has not been established yet. Therefore, avoid self-medication and only use it when the doctor advises you.
Q: Can the use of the Xceft 200mg tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, it may cause diarrhoea as the antibiotics kill the good intestinal bacteria. Maintain sufficient food and water intake to avoid stomach upsets.
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5534/smpc#gref
- Cloxacillin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8637/cloxacillin-oral/details
- DailyMed - DARICLOX- cloxacillin sodium suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=7aefe003-c331-4577-991a-4ad768d6726d
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.