Xarelto 15mg 14'S Tab
By BAYER ZYDUS PHARMA
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xarelto 15 mg tablet is used to prevent blood clots in blood vessels of the brain (stroke) and other parts of the body in a patient with non-valvular atrial fibrillation, in which heart rhythm is irregular. It is used to treat or prevent blood clots in the veins of the legs (deep vein thrombosis) or the prevention of blood clots in blood vessels of the lungs (pulmonary embolism). It is used in the prevention of venous blood clots in patients requiring hip or knee replacement surgery. Xarelto 15 mg tablet contains rivaroxaban, which is an anticoagulant medicine (medicines that help prevent blood clots). It works by reducing the tendency to form blood clots by blocking a blood clotting factor (factor XA). Xarelto 15 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹172.55 (17% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment and prevention of Blood clots|
|Side effects||Bleeding, dizziness, headache, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Rivaroxaban(15.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xarelto 15mg 14'S Tab
Uses of Xarelto 15 MG
- Xarelto 15 mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of blood clot formation in blood vessels and other parts of the body (deep vein thrombosis).
- It is also used to treat or prevent blood clot formation in blood vessels of the lungs (pulmonary embolism) and for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in a patient with non-valvular arterial fibrillation (irregular heart rate)....
Contraindications of Xarelto 15 MG
- If you are allergic to rivaroxaban or any of the other ingredients of Xarelto 15 mg tablet.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any bleeding disorder.
- If you have a stomach ulcer, brain injury, bleeding in the brain.
- If you have undergone brain or eye surgery recently.
- If you are taking other medicines, e.g. warfarin, dabigatran, apixaban or heparin to prevent blood clots except in some conditions.
Side effects of Xarelto 15 MG
- Long or excessive bleeding
- Pain in stomach
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loose motions or constipation
- Dizziness or fainting
- Swelling or pain in limbs
- Skin rash or itching of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Xarelto 15 MG
Can I take Xarelto 15 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Xarelto 15 mg tablet are known to be harmful to the foetus. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with Xarelto 15 mg tablet, immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Xarelto 15 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Xarelto 15 mg tablet are known to be excreted in milk. Hence, consult a doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xarelto 15 mg tablet?
Xarelto 15 mg tablet causes fainting or dizziness. If you are taking Xarelto 15 mg tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Xarelto 15 mg tablet?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, may increase the risk of bleeding. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking Xarelto 15 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney disease or lung disease.
- You have very high blood pressure, which is not in control.
- You have stomach or bowel problems.
- You have a bleeding tendency or increased risk for blood clots.
- You have a problem with the retina of the eye.
- You had undergone artificial heart valve replacement.
Mode of Action of Xarelto 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Rivaroxaban in Xarelto tablet acts as an anticoagulant. It inhibits the activity of clotting factors made by the liver. Hence, it prevents the formation of blood clots in the body and makes the blood thin....
Directions for Use of Xarelto 15 MG
- Take Xarelto 15 mg tablet with food as prescribed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's instructions. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Xarelto 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Xarelto 15 mg tablet with other medicines such as fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, erythromycin, ritonavir, enoxaparin, clopidogrel, warfarin, naproxen, acetylsalicylic acid can increase the effect of Xarelto 15 mg tablet....
- Taking Xarelto 15 mg tablet with other medicines such as phenytoin, carbamazepine, herbal medicines such as John's wort, rifampicin can decrease the effect of Xarelto 15 mg tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations before taking Xarelto tablet.
Storage and disposal of Xarelto 15 MG
- Store Xarelto tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xarelto 15 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Xarelto tablet include an increased risk of bleeding. If you have taken too much of Xarelto 15 mg tablet, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Xarelto 15 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Xarelto 15 mg tablet used for?
A: Xarelto 15 mg tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of blood clot formation in blood vessels and other parts of the body (deep vein thrombosis). It is also used to treat or prevent blood clot formation in blood vessels of the lungs (pulmonary embolism) and for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in a patient with non-valvular arterial fibrillation (irregular heart rate).
Q: How does the Xarelto 15 mg tablet work?
A: Xarelto 15 mg tablet works by reducing the tendency to form blood clots by blocking a blood clotting factor (factor XA).
- Xarelto 15mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 January 2022]
- Xarelto 15mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 January 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Xarelto 10 Mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
- Xarelto 20 Mg Strip Of 28 Tablets
- Xarelto 2 5 Mg Tab 14 S
- Xarelto 15 Mg Strip Of 28 Tablets
- Xarelto 20 Mg Strip Of 98 60 38 Free Tablets
- Xarelto 20 Mg Strip Of 14 7 7 Free Tablets
- Xarelto 15 Mg Box Of 98 60 38 Free Tablets
- Xarelto 10 Mg Tablet
- Xarelto 2 5 Mg Strip Of 28 Tablets
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.