Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Out of Stock
Wysolone 10 Tablet contains prednisolone. It is a corticosteroid which belongs to a class of steroid medicines.
Uses of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the treatment of various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines
- For relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and in various conditions such as arthritis
Contraindications of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection
- If you are suffering from viral infection of eye caused by herpes virus
Side effects of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Wysolone 10 Tablet during pregnancy?
It may increase the risk of growth retardation in fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken only when doctor recommends after assessing the benefits of this medicine to pregnant women outweighs the risks to unborn baby.
Can I take Wysolone 10 Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wysolone 10 Tablet?
It has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Wysolone 10 Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- This medicine makes you more prone for infections, in case you already have any infection like fungal infection, or you have measels or chicken pox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with doctor.read less
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called mysthenia gravis
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth
Mode of Action of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a naturally occuring steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation. It can also delay the progress of leukemia (blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Directions for Use of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own
Interactions of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine
- Antacids and antibiotics rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking medicines antifungal medicines like amphoterecin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erthromycin, immunosuppresants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.read less
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill and thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin.read less
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines for treat asthma like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may expereince irregular heart beats.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original pack to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects like mental disorders, hallucinations, depression, irregular heart beats or sometimes it can be even fatal. You must seek immediate medical assistance in case you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Wysolone 10 Tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccine if I am taking Wysolone?
A: Wysolone 10 Tablet can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is Wysolone safe for children?
A: It should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision. Giving steroids to children for long term treatment can impair the growth.
Q: How to reduce side effects of Wysolone?
- Talk to your doctor about any specific side effect bothering you
- Your doctor may reduce the dose of your steroid medicine or suggest you an alternative route of administration
- Make healthy food choices and maintain an active lifestyle
- Taking steroids for too long can affect your bone health, consult your doctor if you can take Vitamin D and calcium supplement
- Never stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can aggravate the side effects your doctor will reduce the dose gradually
Q: Can corticosteroid Wysolone helps to grow hair?
A: No, this medicine doesn’t help in hair growth. Hair loss can be due to different reasons and sometimes it can be hormonal as well. Consult a specialist for better information on the cause of hair loss. Do not take this medicine on your own for any condition which is not prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 17 Sep 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved