Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wysolone 10 tablet contains prednisolone as its active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid belonging to the steroid class of medicines. It is used to treat various allergic conditions, relieve pain and
inflammation of various body parts. Wysolone 10 tablet acts by inhibiting the release of the various chemical substances responsible to cause allergic and inflammatory conditions. It should be used with caution in children below 18 years of age. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for optimal benefits. Never stop taking your medicine abruptly as it may cause more harm. You may experience mood swings, infection, weakness, weight gain after taking this medicine. If it gets worse, reach out to the nearest doctor or hospital....
Uses of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Wysolone 10 tablet is used to treat various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis, lung conditions and allergy due to medicines.
- Wysolone 10 tablet is also used for relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions such as arthritis.
Contraindications of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to prednisolone, other steroids or any other ingredients of Wysolone 10 tablet.
- If you have any other infection and you are not on any medicine to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye caused by the herpes virus.
Side effects of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Wysolone 10mg tablet during pregnancy?
Wysolone 10 tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it maybe unsafe. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if needed and advantage overweighs the risk. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Wysolone 10 tablet while breastfeeding?
Prednisolone passes into the breastmilk in small amounts. Thus, the use of Wysolone 10 tablet is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wysolone 10 tablet?
If you experience dizziness, visual disturbances and fatigue after taking Wysolone 10 tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Wysolone 10 tablet?
There is no known interaction of alcohol with Wysolone 10 tablet. However, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems, including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- Wysolone 10 tablet makes you more prone to infections. In case you already have an infection like a fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immuneresponse, discuss your condition with a doctor....Read more
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a naturally occurring steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and i
nflammation and during organ transplantation....
Directions for Use of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Wysolone 10 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking Wysolone 10 tablet as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of Wysolone 10 tablet.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- Concurrent use of Wysolone 10 tablet with antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole; oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine....Read more
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, anti-blood clot medicine such as warfarin, water pill such as furosemide, thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin....Read more
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines for treat asthma like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
- Wysolone 10 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Wysolone 10 tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packaging to protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Taking Wysolone 10 tablet more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects like mental disorders, hallucinations, low mood or emotion, irregular heartbeats. You must seek immediate medical assista
nce in case you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Wysolone 10 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Wysolone 10 tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking Wysolone 10 tablet on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly. Your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take a vaccine if I am taking Wysolone 10 tablet?
A: Wysolone 10 tablet can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is Wysolone safe for children?
A: Wysolone 10 tablet should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision. Giving steroids to children for long term treatment can impair growth.
Q: How to reduce Wysolone side effects?
- Talk to your doctor about any specific Wysolone side effect that is bothering you.
- Your doctor may reduce the dose of your steroid medicine or suggest an alternative route of administration.
- Make healthy food choices and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Taking steroids for too long can affect your bone health, consult your doctor if you can take Vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Never stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can aggravate the side effects. Your doctor will reduce the dose gradually.
Q: Can corticosteroid Wysolone help to grow hair?
A: No, this medicine doesn’t help in hair growth. Hair loss can be due to different reasons and sometimes it can be hormonal as well. Consult a specialist for better information on the cause of hair loss. Do not take this medicine on your own for any condition which is not prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Wysolone 10 tablet cause weight gain?
A: Yes, Wysolone 10 tablet can cause weight gain along with its desired side effect. However, not everyone experiences it. Talk to your dietician or doctor if this symptom bothers you.
Q: Is Wysolone a painkiller?
A: Wysolone is not a usual painkiller. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine that relieves pain associated with inflammation or swelling.
Q: Can I take Wysolone for cough?
A: A cough can be a symptom of an allergic reaction. However, it is advised to take this medicine after a doctor's consultation only. Do not self-medicate.
- Prednisolone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Prednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Lactmed - Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Prednisolone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Oct 2021 | 02:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved