Wysolone 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Wysolone 10 MG Description
Wysolone 10 tablet contains prednisolone as its active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid belonging to the steroid class of medicines. It is used to treat various allergic conditions, relieve pain an
d inflammation of various body parts. Wysolone 10 tablet acts by inhibiting the release of the various chemical substances responsible to cause allergic and inflammatory conditions. It should be used with caution in children below 18 years of age. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for optimal benefits. Never stop taking your medicine abruptly as it may cause more harm. You may experience mood swings, infection, weakness, weight gain after taking this medicine. If it gets worse, reach out to the nearest doctor or hospital.
Uses of Wysolone 10 MG
- Wysolone 10 tablet is used to treat various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis, lung conditions and allergy due to medicines.
- Wysolone 10 tablet is also used for relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions such as arthritis.
Contraindications of Wysolone 10 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone, other steroids or any other ingredients of Wysolone 10 tablet.
- If you have any other infection and you are not on any medicine to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye caused by the herpes virus.
Side effects of Wysolone 10 MG
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Wysolone 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems, including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- Wysolone 10 tablet makes you more prone to infections. In case you already have an infection like a fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Wysolone 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Wysolone 10 MG
- Wysolone 10 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Wysolone 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking Wysolone 10 tablet as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and antibiotics such as rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of Wysolone 10 tablet.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- Concurrent use of Wysolone 10 tablet with antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole; oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, anti-blood clot medicine such as warfarin, water pill such as furosemide, thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines for treat asthma like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
- Wysolone 10 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Wysolone 10 MG
- Store Wysolone 10 tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original packaging to protect it from moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Wysolone 10 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Wysolone 10 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Wysolone 10 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Wysolone 10 tablet on my own?
Q: Can I take a vaccine if I am taking Wysolone 10 tablet?
Q: Is Wysolone safe for children?
Q: How to reduce Wysolone side effects?
- Talk to your doctor about any specific Wysolone side effect that is bothering you.
- Your doctor may reduce the dose of your steroid medicine or suggest an alternative route of administration.
- Make healthy food choices and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Taking steroids for too long can affect your bone health, consult your doctor if you can take Vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Never stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can aggravate the side effects. Your doctor will reduce the dose gradually.
Q: Can corticosteroid Wysolone help to grow hair?
Q: Can Wysolone 10 tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Is Wysolone a painkiller?
Q: Can I take Wysolone for cough?
Q: Can we take Wysolone on an empty stomach?
Q: Can Wysolone cause diabetes?
Q: Is Wysolone an immunosuppressant?
Q: Can I take Wysolone for sore throat?
Q: Can I take the vaccine if I am taking Wysolone?
Q: How long does Wysolone take to work?
Q: Does Wysolone cause stomach upset?
Q: Is Wysolone safe in pregnancy?
Q: Can Wysolone be taken daily?
Q: What are the contents present in Wysolone?
- Prednisolone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Prednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Lactmed - Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Prednisolone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Prednisolone [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 21 January 2022]