Wesrab Ls Tablets
Wesrab Ls Tablets Description
Wesrab Ls Tablets is an anti-reflux medicine that is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). It is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe, cau
ing heartburn, acidity, etc. This is a combination of rabeprazole sodium and levosulpiride as active ingredients. Along with this medicine you need to make a slight change in your daily routine including less oily and spicy food, quit alcohol and smoke, gentle regular exercise etc. for best results.
Uses of Wesrab Ls Tablets
Contraindications of Wesrab Ls Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of fits or Parkinson's disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Wesrab Ls Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Wesrab Ls Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a known allergy to this medicine or any other medicine.
- You have any underlying medical conditions such as liver or kidney related problem, blood disorder, stomach tumor etc.
- You have history of osteoporosis. Prolonged treatment of more than a year can increase risk of fracture and low levels of vitamin B12. If you are on long term treatment, follow up with your doctor regularly. ...
- You experience frequent diarrhoea, fever or have a skin reaction after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Wesrab Ls Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Rabeprazole blocks the secretion of acid in the stomach by acting on a pump called the proton pump in the stomach and is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Levosulpiride increases the motility of the stomach and intestine so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Wesrab Ls Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- It should be taken before food.
Interactions of Wesrab Ls Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Wesrab Ls Tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-fungal medicines, anti-HIV medicines, or medicines for brain and heart-related disorders etc.
- Antacids & medicines used to treat ulcer-like sucralfate should be taken with at least 2 hours of gap.
Storage and disposal of Wesrab Ls Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of the reach of children.
- Store it in a tightly closed container.
Dosage of Wesrab Ls Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take alcohol during the treatment?
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.