Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Walformin Od Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It contains a combination of gliclazide and metformin as active ingredients. It is used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise for the control of high blood sugar in patients having diabetes. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed for by your doctor. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Also, it is suggested to keep a regular check on blood sugar level during the treatment, either in laboratory or at home if you have the blood glucometer with you....
|You Save||₹11.52 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Gliclazide(60.0 Mg),Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, rashes, hot flushes|
Check more medicines with composition as Gliclazide(60.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Walformin Od Tablet is used in the treatment and management of type 2 diabetes mellitus, which has not come under control by diet and exercise alone.
Contraindications of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Walformin Od Tablet.
- If you have any existing medical condition like liver or kidney related problem, any kind of heart disorder, lungs disease or blood-related disorder etc.
- If you consume alcohol in excess.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have a planned surgery.
Side effects of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Hot flushes
- Impaired taste
Precautions and Warnings of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Walformin Od Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
- Mostly, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral medicines.
Can I take Walformin Od Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable to not breastfeed if you are taking this medicine, as it passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Walformin Od Tablet?
- No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, do not drive until you know how the medicine affects you.
- It is suggested to keep sugar or a bar of chocolate in your car with you always, while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice..
Can I consume alcohol with Walformin Od Tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it interferes with the way Walformin Od Tablet works.
- Consumption of alcohol during the treatment may lead to an increased risk of low blood glucose level.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any known medical condition like liver or kidney related, heart disorder etc.
- You have planned a surgery or undergone through surgery.
- You have a history of allergic reaction due to any medicine.
Mode of Action of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
It acts by stimulating insulin secretion from the β-cells of pancreas and increase the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. It also helps to restore the body's proper response to the insulin it naturally produce....
Directions for Use of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or milk.
- Take this medicine preferably with food or just before the food, as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Walformin Od Tablet on your own, without informing your doctor.
- Take your medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it, in order to avoid missing the dose.
Interactions of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Walformin Od Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, including all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, water pills, anti-hypertensives, medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines etc....
- Other medicines which may interact with Walformin Od Tablet are painkillers, oral contraceptives, antidepressants like alprazolam etc.
Storage and disposal of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in cool and dry place.
Dosage of Walformin Od 60mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Walformin Od Tablet can lead to drastic drop in blood sugar level, sweating, drowsiness, irregular heart beat, tremors etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm.
- Whether or not you test your levels, it is important to take some glucose water/juice or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which can cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one as taking double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep fried pulses
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts
Q: I develop low blood sugar levels often, what could be the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, taking other anti-diabetic medicines, fever and too much exercise....
- Report to your doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose of adjustment.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.