Vertidom Tablet Description
Vertidom Tablet contains is a combination of cinnarizine and domperidone. It is used to treat vertigo. It prevents nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness associated with
vertigo. Take this medicine exactly as directed by the doctor. It should be swallowed with a glass of water before your meals. Before using Vertidom Tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years.
Uses of Vertidom Tablet
Contraindications of Vertidom Tablet
- If you are allergic to cinnarizine, domperidone, or any of the ingredients of Vertidom Tablet.
- If you have a history of bleeding or obstruction in the digestive tract.
- If you have black stools or notice blood in your stools.
- If you have a history of tumour in the pituitary gland.
- If you have problems with your liver or heart.
- If you are suffering from a birth defect known as phenylketonuria.
- If you have a condition that gives you a low level of potassium or magnesium, or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Vertidom Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Vertidom Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have Parkinson's disease.
- You have a blood condition called porphyria.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You have heart disease or AIDS.
- You are above 60 years.
- You weigh less than 35 kgs.
Mode of Action of Vertidom Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Vertidom Tablet works by the combined action of cinnarizine and domperidone.
- Cinnarizine acts as a labyrinthine sedative and prevents the constriction of blood vessels in the inner ear. This improves the blood flow and microcirculation within the inner ear.
- Domperidone acts as antiemetic and increases the contraction of the muscles of the GI tract.
Directions for Use of Vertidom Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Vertidom Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vertidom Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with digoxin, aspirin, paracetamol, diazepam, and phenothiazine can alter the effects of this medicine.
- Medicines like atropine, ipratropium bromide, scopolamine, codeine, or morphine should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Vertidom Tablet
- Store Vertidom Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Vertidom Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Vertidom Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I drive my car while on treatment with Vertidom Tablet?
- Vertidom Tablet is known to cause side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, tiredness, visual abnormalities. Hence you should avoid driving if you experience any of these symptoms.
- If you feel dizzy, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better.
Q: Can I take Vertidom Tablet when pregnant?
Q: Does Vertidom Tablet make you sleepy?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- MIMS. Cinnarizine and Domperidone: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Drugsupdate.com. Cinnarizine and Domperidone. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]