Ventab Xl 150mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Ventab Xl 150 MG Description
Ventab Xl tablet is a prescription medicine mainly used to treat major depressive disorders. It is composed of one active ingredient, Venlafaxine. It is a type of antidepressant medication. The Venta
b Xl tablets act by raising certain chemical messengers in the brain, which helps manage the symptoms of depression and elevates mood. Major depressive disorder is a type of mood disorder. It is commonly known as clinical depression. It causes intense feelings of sadness, loneliness, and loss of interest. Managing these symptoms and improving quality of life is the main use of Ventab Xl tablets. Do not stop taking Ventab Xl tablets without notifying your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, shaking, dizziness, agitation, etc. The dosage of Ventab Xl medicine should be monitored because it can trigger a tendency to self-harm or suicidal thoughts when used for a long duration. It is better not to drink or drive after taking this medicine. It should not be used in children without consulting a doctor due to the increased risk of suicidal behaviour. Drowsiness, loss of appetite, sexual dysfunction, sudden mood changes, etc., are some of the side effects of Ventab Xl tablets. It is crucial to communicate with the doctor if any side effects persist for a long time.
|Uses||Major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Balance-problems, Slight tremor, Anxiety, Changes in blood pressure, Confusion, Agitation, Sleep disturbances, Mental status changes, Changes in heart rate, Delirium, Seizures, Loss of consciousness|
Uses of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- As per CDSCO, Ventab Xl tablets are used to manage the symptoms of major depressive disorder.
Contraindications of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a known allergy to any components of Ventab Xl tablets
- If you are using other antidepressant medications
- If you have bipolar disorder (sudden mood changes), this medicine can increase agitation and aggression
- If you have angle-closure glaucoma (an eye disorder), this medicine can worsen the condition
- If you have a known history of urinary tract problems, heart condition or bleeding disorder, the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored
- Ventab Xl tablets are not approved for usage in children under 18.
Side effects of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Side effects of Ventab Xl tablets include:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inability to stay still
- Weakness or tiredness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are over 65 years; the dose of Ventab Xl medicine should be carefully monitored to prevent serious side effects.
- You are using medication for blood pressure, consult your doctor to prevent unwanted effects.
- You suddenly stopped taking Ventab Xl tablets; this can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, excessive sweating, vomiting, irritation, etc.
- You experience changes in sexual functioning; this medicine may lower your sexual desire and cause sexual dysfunction.
- You had a heart attack recently.
- You have a severe kidney or liver disease.
- You have a surgical or dental procedure planned.
- You are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements, talk to your doctor first to avoid any interactions as some of them can cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Ventab Xl 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ventab Xl 150 MG
- Take the Ventab Xl tablet exactly in the prescribed dose and the duration.
- Do not change the medicine dose, even if you cannot discern its effects.
- Have the tablet whole with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- Take Ventab Xl tablets with or without food.
- Do not use the medicine if its packaging is open or damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as this can cause adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medicines without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Ventab Xl medicine if you take other antidepressants like linezolid, methylene blue, etc. Mixing medicines can cause severe and sometimes fatal reactions.
- If you use blood thinners and antiplatelet medicines, Ventab Xl tablets can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising.
- Do not take Ventab Xl tablets if you are using opioid pain relievers, cough medicine, sleeping pills or antihistamines (allergy medicine) like cetirizine, as it can cause excessive drowsiness.
- Having Ventab Xl tablets and herbal medicines that increase serotonin levels like St John’s wort plant extracts or antidepressants like fluoxetine can cause serotonin toxicity in the body. This can result in life-threatening adverse effects....
Interactions with food items
- Ventab Xl tablets do not have any known interactions with food. It is possible to take this medicine before or after consuming food.
Storage and disposal of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Dosage of Ventab Xl 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ventab Xl tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: How much dosage of Ventab Xl tablet, and how long should I take this medicine to see the effects?
Q: Can we give a Ventab Xl tablet to a child?
- Venlafaxine: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. US National Library of Medicine; [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- Venlafaxine During Early Pregnancy and Birth Defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2020 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- Singh D. Venlafaxine [Internet]. StatPearls. US National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 Mar 2022]
- Venlafaxine [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed). US National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 9 Mar 2022]