Veenat 100mg Bottle Of 120 Capsules
By NATCO PHARMA LTD
120 Capsule(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veenat 100 MG Description
Veenat Capsule is an anticancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of cancer growth in the blood, stomach or intestine. It contains imatinib as its main component.
Uses of Veenat 100 MG
For the treatment of cancer growth in blood, stomach or intestine.
Contraindications of Veenat 100 MG
If you are allergic to Imatinib or any of the ingredients of Veenat Capsule
Side effects of Veenat 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Veenat 100 MG
Can I take Veenat Capsule during pregnancy?
- It is not advised to take this medicine during pregnancy until it is considered essential by the doctor and potential risks justify the benefits.
- Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine & for about 15 days after stopping this medicine.
Can I take Veenat Capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding & for about 15 days after stopping this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Veenat Capsule?
If you experience blurred vision, dizziness and sleepiness after taking Veenat Capsule, then avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Veenat Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have a Hepatitis B infection
- You gain weight very quickly
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You are taking levothyroxine medicine
- You experience fever, tiredness, bruising, confusion and bleeding after taking Veenat Capsule
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to the sunlight, wear full-sleeved clothes
Mode of Action of Veenat 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Imatinib works by slowing down or stopping the growth of cancerous cells. Hence, it helps in stopping the spread of cancer.
Directions for Use of Veenat 100 MG
- Veenat Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Veenat 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Veenat Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, infections, psychiatric illnesses, fits, etc or are taking antibiotics, blood thinners, paracetamol, St John’s Wort
Storage and disposal of Veenat 100 MG
- Store Veenat Capsule in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight
- Keep away from children & pets
Dosage of Veenat 100 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, redness, swelling, tiredness, muscle pain, low blood count, abdominal pain, headache and decreased appetite.
- If you think you have taken too much of Veenat Capsule, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Veenat Capsule?
A: Veenat Capsule contains imatinib as its main component.
Q: Can I take Veenat Capsule along with the food?
A: You can take this medicine with your meal, which may help to reduce the stomach problems from this medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Imatinib film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- GLEEVEC (imatinib mesylate) tablets for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Imatinib film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.