Valcet 500mg Tablet
By KIVI LABS LIMITED
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valcet 500 MG Description
Valcet Tablet contains Valaciclovir (or Valacyclovir) an antiviral medicine. It is used to treat viral infections like shingles, cold sores and genital herpes. Take this medicine exactly as directed
by the doctor. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, dizziness and sensitivity to light. These side effects usually go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. While on treatment with this medicine you need to drink plenty of water. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Valcet 500mg Tablet
- Valamac 500mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.20₹ 95.3726.63% CHEAPER₹ 31.79/Tablet
Uses of Valcet 500 MG
Valcet Tablet is useful in treating viral infections like cold sores, shingles (Herpes zoster infection), genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts), etc.
Contraindications of Valcet 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Valaciclovir or any other ingredients of Valcet Tablet.
- If you have previously ever developed an allergic reaction or rash followed by fever, enlarged lymph nodes, increased liver enzymes and an increase in a type of white blood cells (eosinophilia) in your blood tests after taking Valaciclovir....
Side effects of Valcet 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Skin rashes
- Light sensitivity
Precautions and Warnings of Valcet 500 MG
Can I take Valcet Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Valcet Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information available. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if it is essential and the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I take Valcet Tablet while breastfeeding?
Valaciclovir passes into breast milk, hence you should be cautious while using Valcet Tablet during breastfeeding. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Valcet Tablet?
Valcet Tablet may cause dizziness as a side effect, hence you should either avoid or be cautious while driving a vehicle or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Valcet Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You have a weak immune system.
- You develop flu-like symptoms, rash with fever, enlarged lymph nodes, elevated liver enzymes seen in your blood tests and an increase in eosinophilia (a type of white blood cells) after taking Valcet Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital....
- You have genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts) or are taking Valcet Tablet to treat it, you should avoid having intercourse or use proper protective measures, so as to prevent the passing of the infection to your partner....
- You need to drink a lot of water while you are on treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Valcet 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Valaciclovir in Valcet Tablet works by killing or stopping the growth of the virus in the body, thus stopping the spread of infection and help you heal faster.
Directions for Use of Valcet 500 MG
- Valcet Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- It can be taken with or without food. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed the dose of this medicine more than that recommended.
Interactions of Valcet 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valcet Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like probenecid (used in treating gout), cimetidine (used in treating stomach problems like ulcers), mycophenolate mofetil (used in Crohn's disease), tenofovir (used in hepatitis B and to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS) should be used with caution along with this medicine....
- This medicine should be used with caution along with medicines that affect your kidneys like Amphotericin B, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, methotrexate, pentamidine, foscarnet, tacrolimus, etc.
Storage and disposal of Valcet 500 MG
- Store Valcet Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Valcet 500 MG
An overdose of Valcet Tablet may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, confusion, hallucinations, agitation, lack of consciousness, kidney-related problems and coma. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Valcet Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valcet Tablet?
A: Valcet Tablet is used to treat viral infections like cold sores, shingles (Herpes zoster infection), genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts), etc.
Q: How to take Valcet Tablet?
A: Valcet Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long should I take Valcet Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Valcet Tablet will depend on the cause of illness and your body's response to the treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Is Valcet Tablet effective?
A: Valcet Tablet is effective if the correct dose is taken for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. If you stop taking the medicine before completing the treatment, your symptoms may return.
- Valtrex 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Valtrex 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed