Urixate 200mg Tablets
Urixate 200 MG Description
Urixate Tablet is used to treat muscle spasms of the urinary tract. It contains flavoxate as its active ingredient. It helps to relieve symptoms like frequent urination, excessive urination at night,
painful urination. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. This medicine should preferable to be taken after food. Before using Urixate Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Urixate 200 MG
Contraindications of Urixate 200 MG
- If you are allergic to flavoxate or any other ingredients of Urixate Tablet.
- If you have problems in completely emptying your bladder or while passing urine.
- If you have bleeding in your stomach or intestine.
- If you have problems with your stomach or intestines (like a blockage in your stomach or intestine).
- If you have a rare disorder making it difficult for food and liquid to pass into the stomach (Achalasia).
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness.
Side effects of Urixate 200 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Urixate 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney problems.
- You have any blockage in your stomach or intestine.
- You have any problems with your bladder.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- Urixate Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Urixate 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Urixate 200 MG
- Urixate Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, preferably after food to prevent nausea.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Urixate 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Urixate Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Urixate 200 MG
- Store Urixate Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Urixate 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Urixate Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: How long should I take Urixate Tablet?
Q: Is Urixate an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Urixate?
Q: What are the side effects of Urixate?
- Urispas 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Urispas 200mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]