Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
By UNISON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Udp Tablet contains Amlodipine, an anti-hypertensive medicine. Udp Tablet is used to lower the blood pressure and also various heart conditions such as irregular heart rate, chest pain (angina). These medicines are known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine works by reducing the pressure on the heart by relaxing the blood vessels. Inform your doctor if recently has a heart attack or heart failure. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. You should have a low salt diet. You should maintain a healthy lifestyle to gain optimal benefit.
Uses of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Udp Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a heart condition such as type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or any other ingredients of Udp Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal narrowing of the aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis).
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic Shock).
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
Precautions and Warnings of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Udp Tablet during pregnancy?
- There limited data available about the safe of use Udp Tablet during pregnancy.
- Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine as the doctor may then suggest a safer alternative.read less
Can I take Udp Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Amlodipine in Udp Tablet passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed Udp Tablet?
If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment with Udp Tablet. You should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Udp Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid drinking alcohol. Also, alcohol may make you feel dizzier and increase side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease.
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure.
- You may suffer from a heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely.
Mode of Action of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Udp Tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to heart muscle and relieves chest pain.
Directions for Use of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Udp Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat a fungal infection like Ketoconazole, a medicine used to treat heart problems like Verapamil any antibiotic like Rifampicin, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin when coadministered with amlodipine affect the way amlodipine is eliminated through the body.read less
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to a drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like Ritonavir, when used along with amlodipine, leads to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body lowering its concentration in the blood.
- When amlodipine is coadministered with medicines used to decrease cholesterol level like Simvastatin, it leads to the increased blood concentration of cholesterol-lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to increase your immune system like Tacrolimus when administered along with amlodipine possess a risk of accumulation in the body.
- Concomitant use of medicine like Ciclosporin to suppress your immune system and amlodipine should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
You should not take grapefruit juice and grapefruit when consuming Udp Tablet as these can cause a decrease in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Udp 5 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Udp Tablet can cause lowering of blood pressure, fainting, slow, fast or irregular heartbeat, dizziness. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Udp Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are all the things that I should discuss with the healthcare provider before taking Udp Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform the doctor if you have any history of heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure. It is important to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Tell your doctor the medicines you are already taking before starting Udp Tablet.
Q: If I consume coffee, does that interact with Udp Tablet?
A: It is observed that people who do not regularly consume coffee may feel blood pressure change effects, but people who regularly consume coffee may not have a significant effect on blood pressure.
Q: I have to drive back to my hometown. Can I use Udp Tablet?
A: If you experience dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision after taking this Udp Tablet. It is advised to avoid drinking since it affects alterness.
Q: When should I take Udp Tablet?
A: Take Udp Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at day time and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:32 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved