Tryptomer 25mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Tryptomer 25 MG Description
Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets belongs to a class of medicines called tricyclic antidepressants. It relieves neuropathic pain, depression, migraine in adults, and chronic tension-type headache.
Furthermore, Tryptomer 25 mg Tablet helps with nighttime bedwetting in children aged six and up. Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets contains Amitriptyline as the active ingredient. It regulates mood and manages depression by changing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the brain. Additionally, Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets inhibits the transmission of pain impulses, resulting in neuropathic pain treatment. Because the tablet might make you sleepy, you can consume it at night. The prescription may not work immediately, and you may need to wait for some weeks to see the full results. Therefore, do not abruptly stop taking the tablets without first seeing your doctor. The medication is not addictive, but you may suffer extra adverse effects if you quit taking it abruptly (withdrawal symptoms). Most of the usual side effects are minor. If side effects worry you or do not go away, your doctor may be able to advise strategies to prevent or reduce them. It can also keep you irritable or confused, and in some instances, it might cause weight gain.
|You Save||₹10.88 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, neuropathic pain, and migraines|
|Side effects||Drowsiness or sleepiness, shakiness, headache, constipation, difficulty in passing urine, weight gain, excessive sweating, slow or slurred speech, nasal congestion, increased thirst, decrease in sexual drive|
Uses of Tryptomer 25 MG
- As per the CDSCO Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets can be used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of neuropathic pain
- Treatment of migraines
Contraindications of Tryptomer 25 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to any components of the medicine should not take Tryptomer 25 mg Tablets.
- If you have consumed antihistamines or have taken MAOIs in the last 14 days should avoid consuming the tablet.
Side effects of Tryptomer 25 MG
- Drowsiness or sleepiness
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Weight gain
- Excessive sweating
- Slow or slurred speech
- Nasal congestion
- Increased thirst
- Decrease in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Tryptomer 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience persistent side effects that worsen with time.
- You experience any changes in mood, behaviour, thoughts, or feelings, mainly if they occur suddenly. It's critical when starting or changing an antidepressant medication's dosage.
- During therapy, keep an eye on your weight since the medicine might induce weight gain and increase hunger.
- It might produce a sharp drop in blood pressure. So if you've been lying or sitting down, get up slowly.
- Tryptomer 25mg Tablet might take 4 to 6 weeks to begin functioning. Therefore, please continue to take it as directed.
- To enhance the amount and quality of sleep you obtain, stick to a regular sleep schedule.
Mode of Action of Tryptomer 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tryptomer 25 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the amount and frequency of the medication.
- Take it all in at once. Don't chew, break or crush it.
- Take Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets with or without meals.
- It is advised to take Tryptomer 25 mg tablet at the same time every day.
Interactions of Tryptomer 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Combining Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets with any of the below medicines might cause adverse effects:
- Tryptomer may cause an interaction if consumed with any of the medicines mentioned above. The interaction between these two medicines can cause an adverse effect on the body. Additionally, in some cases, these medicines interact with each other decreasing the effectiveness of either....
Interactions with food items
- There is no major interaction between Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets and food.
Storage and disposal of Tryptomer 25 MG
Dosage of Tryptomer 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets have an impact on my sexual life?
Q: What do I need to check while taking Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets?
Q: I've been on Tryptomer 25 mg Strip Of 30 Tablets for depression for a week and have recently been tempted to self-harm. So, what can I do now? Is it due to the medication?
- Amitriptyline: a medicine used to treat pain and prevent migraine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from
- NICE-The National Institute for Health, Excellence C. BNF: British national formulary - NICE. [cited 2022 Jan 27]; Available from:
- Amitriptyline 10mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from:
- Healthdirect Australia. Amitriptyline (AN). [cited 2022 Feb 14]; Available from:
- Amitriptyline for Repetitive Behaviors in Autism Spectrum Disorders [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- PubChem. Amitriptyline [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from:
- Amitriptyline 25mg Tablets BP [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 14]. Available from: