Trapex 1mg Tablet
Trapex 1 MG Description
Trapex Tablet contains Lorazepam. Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine (BZD) medication commonly used for sedation, anxiety disorders, and epilepsy. There are many anxiety disorders like social phobia, spec
ific phobias, generalised anxiety disorder, separation anxiety, panic attacks. In this, the person's fear or reaction is out of proportion to the given situation, hampers the person's daily life. Epilepsy is a condition in which the person experiences a seizure due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Lorazepam acts on gamma-amnio-butyric acid (GABA), a chemical mediator in the brain. Lorazepam increases the levels of GABA, which in turn relaxes the brain cells and helps in anxiety disorder, insomnia due to anxiety, epilepsy. It also relaxes tense muscles due to panic attacks. This medicine should be taken with or without food. One can swallow the tablet with water or dissolve in the water and then drink it. The doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the medicine as per the age and severity of the patient. One should not increase or decrease the dose on their own as this can have serious complications. This is a habit-forming medicine; hence has to be taken under supervision. Preferably take the medicine at night.
|You Save||₹3.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorders, Epilepsy, sedative, Insomnia, Panic disorder, Delirium|
|Side effects||Respiratory depression, Respiratory failure, Seizures, Suicidality, Dependency and abuse, Tachycardia, Hypotension, Syncope, Withdrawal symptoms if abruptly discontinued after long-term use, Cognitive deficits, Behavioural changes, Appetite changes, Constipation, Incontinence, Urinary retention, Irritability|
Uses of Trapex 1 MG
- Anxiety symptoms related to anxiety disorders
- Panic disorder
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Contraindications of Trapex 1 MG
- Allergy to lorazepam
- Neonates or premature infants
- Respiratory problem
- Sleep apnea
- First and the third month of pregnancy
- Alcoholic person
- Medicine addict
Side effects of Trapex 1 MG
- Respiratory depression
- Respiratory failure
- Appetite changes
Precautions and Warnings of Trapex 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop a rash after consumption of Trapex Tablet
- You experience a sudden change in mood
- You have suicidal thoughts
- You have consumed alcohol or any other medicine during the treatment
- You conceive during the treatment
- You have a kidney problem
Mode of Action of Trapex 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trapex 1 MG
- This medicine should be taken with or without food.
- One can swallow the tablet with water or dissolve in the water and then drink it.
- The doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the medicine as per the age and severity of the patient.
- One shouldn't increase or decrease the dose on their own as this can have serious complications.
- This is a habit-forming medicine; hence has to be taken under supervision.
- Preferably take the medicine at night.
Interactions of Trapex 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lorazepam has drug interaction with other medicines, which cause CNS depression:
- Concomitant use of sedatives like valium and Ativan
- Hypnotics like zolpidem and triazolam
- Opioids like morphine and tramadol
- Cough and cold medicines like Benadryl and coldrex
- Antiepileptics like sodium valproate and carbamazepine
- Muscle relaxants like diazepam and cyclobenzaprine.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit or juice should not be consumed with this medicine as side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting can be experienced.