Totalderm Cream 10gm
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Totalderm Cream 10gm contains a combination of three medicines - Beclomethasone, Clotrimazole and Neomycin. It is used to treat various skin conditions such as itching, allergies, redness and inflammation suspected to have a bacterial or fungal infection. Beclometasone is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Neomycin is an antibacterial agent and clotrimazole is an antifungal agent. It is also used in the treatment of ringworm infection, athlete's foot and tinea infections. This cream is meant for external use only and should be used exactly as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
Uses of Totalderm Cream 10gm
Totalderm Cream 10gm is used in treating different skin infections and inflammation like dermatitis, pruritus, impetigo, candida and tinea infection, etc. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Totalderm Cream 10gm
- If you are allergic to Neomycin, Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone or any other ingredient of Totalderm Cream 10gm.
- This cream should not be used for children below 12 years.
- This cream should not be used for nail and scalp infection.
Side effects of Totalderm Cream 10gm
- Stinging sensation
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Totalderm Cream 10gm
Can I use Totalderm Cream 10gm during pregnancy?
This cream can be used during pregnancy, only if prescribed by your doctor. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Totalderm Cream 10gm while breastfeeding?
This cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman only when prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of the breastfeeding mother, as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Totalderm Cream 10gm?
It is a topical medicine and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Totalderm Cream 10gm?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and this cream. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case, you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Totalderm Cream 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins, which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component, which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus, causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent that is widely used for treating various bacterial infections of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Totalderm Cream 10gm
- Use Totalderm Cream 10gm as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply the cream on a skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply it in the thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Totalderm Cream 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Totalderm Cream 10gm is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this cream with other medicines. However, it contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination.read less
- This cream can damage the surface of physical contraceptives, thus an alternative contraceptive measure should be considered during the treatment and after 5-days of the treatment.
- Other medicines like Ritonavir, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, Amphotericin B, painkillers like Ibuprofen, antibiotics like Amikacin, Tobramycin, Rifampin and Rifabutin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Totalderm Cream 10gm
- Store this cream below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Totalderm Cream 10gm
As Totalderm Cream 10gm is meant for external use, the cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then apply it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to use Totalderm Cream 10gm?
A: If you find that you have started feeling better, still you are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician.
Q: How should I apply Totalderm Cream 10gm?
A: Wash the affected area properly and dry it well. Then apply the cream over that area 2-3 times a day or as directed by your doctor. Do not cover the area where you applied the cream with any dressing.
Q: Can we use Totalderm Cream 10gm for fungal skin infection?
A: Yes, it can be used for fungal infections if prescribed by your doctor. There are different types of fungal infections and it is important to consult a dermatologist for advice. Refrain from using it for any other skin conditions as it contains steroids. Steroids can worsen certain skin infections. Hence, caution is needed.
Q: Can Totalderm Cream 10gm be used in genital warts?
A: No, genital warts are caused due to viral infection. Totalderm Cream 10gm is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Totalderm Cream 10gm a steroid?
A: Yes, it contains beclomethasone, which is a steroid and effective against inflammation and swelling.
- Surfaz-SN. Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Centaurpharma. Beclomethasone/Clotrimazole/Neomycin. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Beclomethasone. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Clotrimazole. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Neomycin. [Accessed on 22.Dec.2020] (online)
Other Variants for
Totalderm Cream 10gm
Last Updated on: 23 Dec 2020 | 11:08 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved