Torkast Fx Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Torkast Fx Tablet is a combination of two medicines - Montelukast and Fexofenadine which is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffy nose,
sneezing, itching, watery eyes, blockage in airways and other allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this medicine. Dizziness, cough, headache, nausea, stomach pain are some of the common side effects of this medicine. These side effects normally go away with time but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer....
Uses of Torkast Fx Tablet
Torkast Fx Tablet is used in adults to treat allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications of Torkast Fx Tablet
If you are allergic to Montelukast or Fexofenadine or any of the components of Torkast Fx Tablet
Side effects of Torkast Fx Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Throat infection
Precautions and Warnings of Torkast Fx Tablet
Can I take Torkast Fx Tablet during pregnancy?
Torkast Fx Tablet can be used during pregnancy only if your doctor considers it necessary.
Can I take Torkast Fx Tablet while breastfeeding?
Torkast Fx Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Torkast Fx Tablet?
Torkast Fx Tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Torkast Fx Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Torkast Fx Tablet as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver function problem or you have acute asthma.
- You are experiencing rapid heartbeats, palpitations and excessive sweating.
- You have any blood disorder, abnormal blood count and swelling of blood vessels.
- You have any heart-related disorder, joint disorder or muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from any brain-related problems like aggression, anxiety, abnormal dreams, lack of sleep, irritation, restlessness or suicidal thoughts.
- You have a known allergy to aspirin or other painkillers or you are above 65 years of age.
Mode of Action of Torkast Fx Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast works by blocking the action of allergic mediators leukotrienes by binding to leukotriene receptors and helps in relieving the symptoms of allergy.
- Fexofenadine works by blocking the action of the natural substance histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Torkast Fx Tablet
Swallow Torkast Fx Tablet with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet. Take this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor and do not consume it more than that prescribed.
Interactions of Torkast Fx Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Torkast Fx Tablet along with antibiotics such as erythromycin, antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole can increase the blood levels of this medicine.
- There should be a gap of at least 2 hours between the administration of Torkast Fx Tablet and antacids containing aluminium and magnesium.
- Medicines that act on the brain to produce calmness if taken along with this tablet may reduce the alertness and impair the performance.
- Other medicines such as Rifampicin, Phenobarbital, Gemfibrozil and Phenytoin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit juice, orange or apple as it may interfere with the activity of Torkast Fx Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Torkast Fx Tablet
Store Torkast Fx Tablets at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medici
ne properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Torkast Fx Tablet
The symptoms of overdose include stomach pain, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, vomiting, tiredness, altered mental state and dry mouth. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visi
t the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Torkast Fx Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dos
e and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Torkast Fx Tablet prescribed for?
A: Torkast Fx Tablet is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis or hay fever such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking this medicine?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history. Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stoppingany medicine....Read more
Q: Is Torkast Fx Tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been reported with Torkast Fx Tablet.
Q: Can I take Torkast Fx Tablet along with orange juice?
A: Torkast Fx Tablet should not be taken along with grapefruit juice, apple and orange.
Q: Can I stop taking Torkast Fx Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should take Torkast Fx Tablet for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 04:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved