Torex Syrup 100ml
By TORQUE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Torex Syrup 100ml Description
Torex syrup is cough medicine. Torex is a combination of three medicines, namely diphenhydramine, ammonium chloride and sodium citrate. Torex cough syrup is used to reduce cough associated with thick sputum. It also reduces a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes and congestion. This medicine should not be used with other anti-allergic medicines and medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses. If you are suffering from glaucoma, prostate, liver and kidney problems, use this medicine cautiously. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age without proper medical consultation. Side effects such as drowsiness, dryness of the mouth, constipation and an upset stomach can be experienced while using this medicine. Do not use this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Avoid alcohol if you are driving or operating heavy machinery. Torex syrup can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken in the correct and exact doses and for the duration as advised by the doctor. Shake the bottle well, before each use....
|You Save||₹17.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Diphenhydramine(12.5 Mg),Sodium Citrate(55.0 Mg),Ammonium Chloride(125.0 Mg),Terpin(7.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Diphenhydramine(12.5 Mg) + Sodium Citrate(55.0 Mg) + Ammonium Chloride(125.0 Mg) + Terpin(7.5 Mg)
Uses of Torex Syrup 100ml
Torex Cough syrup is used to treat cough and cold, especially associated with phlegm. It is also used to relieve symptoms like sneezing, a runny nose, watery eyes and a stuffy nose.
Contraindications of Torex Syrup 100ml
- If you are allergic to diphenhydramine, ammonium chloride, sodium citrate or any other ingredients of Torex syrup.
- If you are taking medicines like MAO inhibitors (Selegiline, Phenelzine, etc.) which are used for a psychiatric illness.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes which produces painful, red eyes and gradual vision loss).
- If you have ulcers in the stomach and intestine (symptoms like vomiting, acidity, indigestion, bleeding, black stool) or any problems related to your stomach.
- If you have prostate problems (conditions like benign prostatic hyperplasia which are characterised by difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination and dribbling of urine).
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have an asthma attack.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking other sedating antihistamines medicines like Promethazine and Chlorphenamine.
Side effects of Torex Syrup 100ml
- Thicker phlegm
- Skin rashes and itching
Precautions and Warnings of Torex Syrup 100ml
Can I take Torex Cough syrup during pregnancy?
Torex Cough syrup should be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Torex Cough syrup while breastfeeding?
Torex Cough syrup should not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into the breastmilk and could harm the breastfed baby. Consult your doctor before using it while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Torex Cough syrup?
Torex Cough syrup may cause blurring of vision and drowsiness as a side effect. It is advisable to avoid driving, operate heavy machinery or any activity that needs alertness or clear vision during the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Torex Cough syrup?
You should not consume alcohol while taking Torex Cough syrup as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any breathing problems, pneumonia, asthma or any other diseases.
- You have glaucoma or fits.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age as older individuals should be cautious while using this medicine as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination problems with this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine to make a child sleepy.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. So, be cautious while using it.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious condition.
- Do not share this medicine with anyone even if they have similar symptoms.
Mode of Action of Torex Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Torex cough syrup help in reducing cough with phlegm.
- Diphenhydramine blocks the effects of allergic chemicals and provides relief from allergic symptoms such as a runny nose and watery eyes.
- Ammonium chloride is an expectorant agent which increases the water content in the windpipe. Therefore, cough associated with thick mucous (phlegm) is relieved by making the mucous easy to expel.
- Sodium citrate is a mucolytic agent which decreases the consistency of this mucous and makes it thin. Thus, these agents help to remove this mucous from the windpipe and lungs and improves the patient’s condition....
Directions for Use of Torex Syrup 100ml
- Take Torex Cough syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking Torex Cough syrup on your own.
- Do not take it for more than 4 doses in a day.
Interactions of Torex Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Torex Cough syrup should not be used concomitantly with MAO inhibitors like Selegiline and Isocarboxazid (used for psychiatric illness). It produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital immediately....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with other anti-allergic medicines like Cetirizine, medicines like Atropine, Benztropine (used to treat travel or motion sickness, stomach cramps, Parkinson’s disease), opioids like Codeine, Morphine (to relieve severe painful conditions), medicines like Propranolol, Metoprolol (used to treat heart problems, to decrease blood pressure) and may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Other medicines like Amitriptyline, Doxepin and Ephedrine should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Torex Syrup 100ml
- Store Torex Cough syrup below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Torex Syrup 100ml
If you think you have taken too much the Torex cough syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Torex Cough syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Torex Cough syrup with other anti-allergic medicines?
A: Torex Cough syrup already contains anti-allergic medicines in it. If you use it with other anti-allergic medicines, it will increase the side effects of this medicine which can be serious and needs emergency treatment, so always avoid using other medicines with it or inform your doctor about that.
Q: Can Torex Cough syrup be used for anxiety?
A: No, this medicine should not be used for anxiety. Torex Cough syrup is used to treat cough, cold and relieve symptoms like sneezing, a runny and stuffy nose, watery eyes, etc.
Q: How often can I take Torex Cough syrup?
A: You should take Torex Cough syrup in the correct doses and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor. You should not take more than 4 doses in a day.
Q: My colleague has similar symptoms. Can I recommend Torex Cough syrup for use?
A: No, you should not, as different underlying conditions produce similar symptoms which the doctor will decide after careful clinical examinations. So, this medicine should be used only if prescribed by a doctor. Self-medication should be avoided.
Q: Can we use Torex Cough syrup in elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problem, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population which aggravates the side effects of this medicine. So, always consult a doctor before using it in elderly patients.
Q: How long does it take for Torex Cough syrup to show its effect?
A: Torex Cough syrup approximately acts within 15 to 30 minutes after taking it but it may differ from person to person.
Q: Does Torex have any side effects?
A: Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, loss of appetite, constipation, nausea or anxiety, etc., are a few common side effects that an individual might experience. Usually, these symptoms resolve with time.
Q: What is the dose of Torex cough syrup?
A: The doctor will decide the dose of Torex cough syrup on the basis of the severity of the infection. You should take this syrup in the correct doses and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor. You should not take more than 4 doses in a day.
Q: Does Torex contain alcohol?
A: No, Torex cough syrup does not contain alcohol.
Q: Can Torex cough syrup be given to children?
A: Torex cough syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age without proper medical consultation. The doctor will prescribe it in appropriate doses based on the child's age and body weight.
Q: Does Torex cough syrup make you sleep?
- Yes, Torex syrup may make you feel drowsy and sleepy. It is an anti-allergic medicine. It acts by blocking the action of a chemical called histamine. Histamine is also involved in the regulation of sleep and wakefulness. Blocking the action of it can lead to sleepiness or dizziness. However, this may not be experienced by everyone taking this syrup....
- If you experience such symptoms after taking the medicine, take a rest. Do not perform activities that need mental alertness like driving or operating complex machinery. Always consult a doctor before using any medicine....
Q: Is Torex good for wet cough?
A: Yes, Torex syrup is effective in wet cough. It decreases the consistency of the mucous and makes it thin and relieves it by making the mucous easy to expel. However, it is advised to take this medicine only after the doctor's advice.
Q: What is the dose of Torex cough syrup?
A: Dose and directions to use will be prescribed by the physician depending upon the type of cough the person is suffering from. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay