Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml Description
Topifort-NX topical suspension is a topical preparation. Topifort-NX topical suspension is used for the treatment of various bacterial or fungal skin infections, in conditions such as itching, allerg
es, redness and inflammation suspected. It is a combination of three medicines containing clobetasol, clotrimazole and neomycin. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and clotrimazole is an antifungal agent. The combined action of all three components is useful to treat certain skin ailments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. It is recommended to use this topical suspension only for the condition it is prescribed by your treating. Applying this topical suspension for other conditions may further worsen the skin condition. Maintain skin hygiene, keep the infection area sweat-free, wash your hands before and after applying the Topifort-NX topical suspension. Avoid repetitive touching at the site of infection, and wash your clothes separately.
|You Save||₹12.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clotrimazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(3500.0 Iu) + Clobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, stinging sensation|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
Contraindications of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
- If you are allergic to neomycin, clotrimazole, clobetasol or any other ingredient of Topifort-NX topical suspension.
- If your child is below 12 years.
- Topifort-NX topical suspension should not be used for nail or scalp infection.
- It should not be used for acne, dermatitis, genital region.
Side effects of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
- Stinging sensation
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this topical suspension.
- You experience other infections after applying this topical suspension. It would be best if you do not use this topical suspension on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this topical suspension, inform your doctor immediately. You should not apply this topical suspension for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration. ...
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Prolonged use of this topical suspension is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying for this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
Mode of Action of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
How Does It Work?
- Clobetasol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infections of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
- Use Topifort-NX topical suspension as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine unless you are using this medicine to treat your hands.
- Apply it in a thin film covering the infected area and let it get absorbed.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
- Store Topifort-NX topical suspension at room temperature in a cool & dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard off the unused and expired medicine is the most appropriate manner.
Dosage of Topifort Nx Suspension 15ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Topifort-NX topical suspension be used in genital warts?
Q: Is Topifort-NX topical suspension a steroid?
Q: Can I use Topifort-NX topical suspension for pimples?
- Dermovate Ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 November 2021]
- Drugs H. Neomycin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 23 November 2021]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 November 2021]
- Neomycin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 23 November 2021]