Tiecaaz 400mg Injection
Tiecaaz 400 MG Description
Tiecaaz Injection contains Teicoplanin as its active ingredient. It is used for treating serious bacterial infections. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse
as an Injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Tiecaaz 400 MG
Contraindications of Tiecaaz 400 MG
Side effects of Tiecaaz 400 MG
- Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling
- Skin rashes, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Tiecaaz 400 MG
- Tiecaaz Injection should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only give you this medicine if considered essential and if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to another antibiotic called vancomycin.
- You have problems with your kidneys.
- You have a low platelet count.
- You have a condition called red man syndrome (symptoms include redness, itching, rash, fever, chills).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
- You are on other medications which may affect your kidneys, hearing or nervous system.
- You develop some serious side effects or allergic reactions after treatment with Tiecaaz Injection.
Mode of Action of Tiecaaz 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tiecaaz 400 MG
- Tiecaaz Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Tiecaaz 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tiecaaz Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Tiecaaz Injection along with aminoglycoside solutions should be avoided.
- This medicine should be used with caution along with aminoglycosides, colistin, amphotericin B, ciclosporin, cisplatin, furosemide and ethacrynic acid.
Storage and disposal of Tiecaaz 400 MG
- Store Tiecaaz Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tiecaaz 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tiecaaz Injection?
Q: Can I take Tiecaaz Injection on my own?
Q: Can I stop taking Tiecaaz Injection on my own?
Q: Is Tiecaaz Injection an antibiotic?
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO- Teicoplanin [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]