Thyrox 25mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
100 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thyrox-25 tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is noticeable and characterized by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low, and irregular menstrual cycle. Thyrox-25 tablet contains thyroxine as its active component. This medicine is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. Use this medicine with care and caution in elderly patients, patients with heart diseases, and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history and about all the medicines you are currently taking....
|You Save||₹26.35 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, headache, vomiting, diarrhoea, cramps|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
Check more medicines with composition as Thyroxine(25.0 Mcg)
Uses of Thyrox 25 MCG
Thyrox-25 tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Thyrox 25 MCG
- If you are allergic to thyroxine or any ingredient of Thyrox-25 tablet.
- If you have any disorder related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of thyrotoxicosis (excess thyroid hormone in the blood).
Side effects of Thyrox 25 MCG
- Increased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 25 MCG
Can I take Thyrox-25 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Thyrox-25 tablet during pregnancy. Thyrox-25 tablet should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Thyrox-25 tablet while breastfeeding?
Thyrox-25 tablet may pass into human breast milk. Thyrox-25 tablet should only be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thyrox-25 tablet?
Thyrox-25 tablet has almost no effect on driving ability. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Thyrox-25 tablet?
Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of the medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Thyrox-25 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, or irregular heart rhythm.
- You have diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, or fits/seizures.
- You are giving Thyrox-25 tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 25 MCG
How Does It Work?
- Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in metabolism and many physiological activities such as digestion, brain development, and heart and muscle function. In hypothyroidism, your body is unable to produce sufficient thyroid hormone and maintain optimal physiological functions. ...
- Thyrox-25 tablet provides an adequate amount of thyroid hormone by acting as a substitute for the naturally produced thyroid hormone.
Directions for Use of Thyrox 25 MCG
- Thyrox-25 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take the medicine at the same time every day for the desired results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Thyrox 25 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Thyrox-25 tablet works or Thyrox-25 tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, and oral contraceptives.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners, and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyrox-25 tablet.
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations, and medicines used to reduce cholesterol levels such as cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyrox-25 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, soybean flour, fiber-rich food, walnuts, and cottonseed meal can lower the effect of Thyrox-25 tablet. Thus, it should not be consumed when taking Thyrox-25 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Thyrox 25 MCG
- Store Thyrox-25 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thyrox 25 MCG
The symptoms of overdose of Thyrox-25 tablet include fever, chest pain, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness. If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is time for your next dose, skip the dose that has been missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take Thyrox-25 tablet?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken in a diabetic condition. It is mandatory to consult and inform your doctor about diabetes as there are chances that Thyrox-25 tablet can affect the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and dose adjustment may be required.
Q: Can I take Thyrox-25 tablet to lose weight?
A: No, this medicine is not a weight loss medication. This medicine should strictly be used if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Do not self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Can Thyrox-25 tablet and Esomeprazole be taken together?
A: No, Esomeprazole may affect the absorption of Thyrox-25 tablet. Thus, it should never be taken at the same time. Maintain a gap of 4 hours between the consumption of Esomeprazole and Thyrox-25 tablet.
Q: Can I take Thyrox-25 tablet after breakfast?
A: Thyrox-25 tablet should preferably be taken one hour before your first meal or breakfast.
Q: Is Thyrox-25 and Thyronorm the same?
A: Yes, both Thyrox-25 and Thyronorm contain the same active ingredient, which is levothyroxine. However, you should use the recommended brand only. Do not switch to any other brand without consulting a doctor.
Q: For how long do I need to take Thyrox-25?
A: You must take Thyrox-25 for as long as prescribed by the doctor. However, Thyrox-25 starts working straight away, but it may take several weeks before your symptoms start to improve. If you stop taking the medicine in between your symptoms are likely to come back.
Q: Is Thyrox-25 safe for long term use?
A: Yes, Thyrox-25 is safe for long term use, only if prescribed by the doctor. Also, the doctor might ask you to have regular blood tests to make sure your dose is not too high.
Q: What is Thyrox-25 tablet used for?
A: Thyrox-25 tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones.
Q: When and how should I take Thyrox-25 tablet?
- Thyrox-25 tablet should preferably be taken before breakfast or the first meal of the day.
- You should swallow this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not crush, chew or break the medicine. Take this medicine at the same time every day for optimal results.
- However, you should always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- LEVO-T® (levothyroxine sodium) tablets, for oral use [Internet]. Neolpharma, Inc.; 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
Other Products from this Brand