Thre Tablets Description
Thre tablets is an ultimate combination of the three most important active ingredients to cure tuberculosis, i.e., “Ethambutol”, “Rifampicin”, “Isoniazid”. Thre tablets are used in tuberculosis as it
prevents the multiplication of bacteria causing tuberculosis in the body. It is prescribed for adults and children more than 15 years of age. While using this combination of medicine, make sure not to skip the doses and not leave the medicine course in between. Leaving it in between will cause more harm and worsen the condition. Some common encountered side effects of Thre tablets include nausea, vomiting, rash, fever, dark coloured urine, increased sputum production. Do not delay reporting any of the side effects following consumption of Thre tablets to your doctor, as it may require treatment and medical attention. The consumption of Thre tablets with other medicines may result in drug interactions with them, so tell the doctor about all the past illnesses and the medication you have taken to treat them. Moreover, Thre tablets may cause severe hepatic symptoms, so the doctor regularly monitors the liver while keeping the patient on Thre tablets. Avoid drinking alcohol while using the tablets to ensure that you achieve the desired effects without any complications.
|₹4.32 (14% on MRP)
|Ethambutol + Isoniazid + Rifampicin
|Pulmonary tuberculosis, extrapulmonary tuberculosis
|Nausea, vomiting, fever, dark urine, unusual bleeding, jaundice, visual impairment, increased liver enzymes, tingling or numbness of hands and feet.
Uses of Thre Tablets
- Treats Pulmonary tuberculosis (within the lungs)
- Treats extrapulmonary tuberculosis (outside the lungs)
Contraindications of Thre Tablets
Side effects of Thre Tablets
- Dark urine
- Unusual bleeding
- Visual impairment
- Increased liver enzymes
- Tingling or numbness of hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Thre Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have hepatic and renal impairments.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills; then these tablets may tend to slow their efficacy due to the effect of Rifampin. So, make sure to use another alternative method of contraception (e.g. condoms) to reduce the chances of unwanted pregnancy. ...
- You are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother.
- You may also experience the presence of dark urine and yellowing of teeth after using the Thre tablets, which are prevalent symptoms. They tend to subside after the completion of the course of medicine....
Mode of Action of Thre Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thre Tablets
- Take the Thre tablets as per the doctor’s directions.
- Swallow one pill as a whole.
- Thre tablets are generally taken empty stomach one hour before or two hours after the meal. Avoid chewing, breaking or crushing the tablets.
Interactions of Thre Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Thre tablets may show interactions with;
- Acetaminophen with Thre tablets may risk some individuals with Acetaminophen-induced liver toxicity.
- Carbamazepine with Thre tablets may increase the serum levels of Carbamazepine rapidly.
- Oral contraceptive pills with Thre tablets reduce oral contraceptive pills' efficacy by enzyme induction held by Rifampicin.
- Beta-blockers with Thre tablets tend to decrease their level by enzyme induction.
Interactions with food items
- Food containing histamine or tyramine (such as aged cheese, soy sauce, red wine etc.) – These food items tend to reduce the metabolism of tyramine and histamine and increase the chances of tyramine and histamine toxicity induced symptoms like headache, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and tachycardia. Therefore they should not be used with Thre tablets....