Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telmitrust H Tab 10`S is an antihypertensive medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines - telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure when a single medicine has failed or is unable to control blood pressure. This medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels and reducing the fluid load in the body by increasing urinary output. This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Avoid missing any dose or stop taking Telmitrust H Tab 10`S without informing your doctor. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated well, can lead to other health-related complications and affect other parts of the body such as the brain, heart, blood vessels, kidneys. Thus, it is recommended that along with taking your medications on time you should also incorporate certain lifestyle modifications. A few of these changes include eating a diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising for 30 mins every day, not smoking and limiting alcohol consumption....
|You Save||₹20.70 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrochlorothiazide + Telmisartan
Uses of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
Telmitrust H Tab 10`S is used in the treatment of high blood pressure when one medicine alone is unable to control the blood pressure effectively.
Contraindications of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredients of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S .
- If you have a kidney problem.
- If you are a diabetic patient.
- If you are pregnant (especially during the 2nd and 3rd trimester).
- If you are suffering from a liver problem like (problems with the drainage of the bile from the liver and the gall bladder).
- If it shows low potassium levels and high calcium levels in your blood reports.
- If you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
Can I take Telmitrust H Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
Telmitrust H Tab 10`S should be avoided during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Telmitrust H Tab 10`S while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to breastfeed during the treatment with Telmitrust H Tab 10`S . Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor may suggest another treatment for you if you want to breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telmitrust H Tab 10`S ?
You may feel dizzy or tired after taking the Telmitrust H Tab 10`S . Hence please be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Telmitrust H Tab 10`S ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Telmitrust H Tab 10`S , as it can cause a drop in your blood pressure, dizziness or sometimes unconsciousness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering from renal artery stenosis (a condition of narrowing of the blood vessels of either of the kidneys).
- You experience sudden blood or fluid losses within your body (Hypovolemia) that may cause headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness.
- You are suffering from Primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You may experience sugar intolerance, your blood glucose level may drop.
- You may experience electrolyte imbalance with the symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You are black (as this medicine is found less effective in lowering blood pressure in black patients than in non-blacks).
- You have any kind of heart condition like ischaemic cardiopathy (when your heart muscle is weakened as a result of heart disease).
- You are suffering from glaucoma (increased pressure inside the yes).
- You may develop Non-melanoma skin cancer (types of cancer that occur in the skin that are not melanoma).
- Telmitrust H Tab 10`S is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
How Does It Work?
- Telmitrust H Tab 10`S works by the combined action of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Telmisartan acts by relaxing the blood vessels and helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps in increasing the urine output, hence helping in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
- Telmitrust H Tab 10`S s should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Telmitrust H Tab 10`S works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infections, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, medicines for diabetes and medicines for Parkinson's disease.
Storage and disposal of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
- Store Telmitrust H Tab 10`S in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too many Telmitrust H Tab 10`S s, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Telmitrust H Tab 10`S , take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Telmitrust H Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
A: No, it is not safe to take Telmitrust H Tab 10`S during pregnancy and even if you are breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Q: What is Telmitrust H Tab 10`S used for?
A: Telmitrust H Tab 10`S is effective in treating high blood pressure when a single medicine is unable in controlling your blood pressure.
Q: When is the best time to take this medicine?
A: Your doctor decides when to take this medicine and how many times in a day you should take this medicine. This medicine may be taken with or without food. Try to take it at the same time for effective blood pressure control.
- Cresar-H tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]