Telekast L Tablet
Telekast L Tablet Description
Telekast-L tablet contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as its active ingredients. It is used for providing relief from allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in
airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. This medicine blocks the release of chemical substances, histamine and leukotrienes responsible for allergic symptoms. Take tab Telekast L with or without medicine. You may experience dizziness as a side effect, and thus it is recommended to take this medicine at bedtime. Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease and are on dialysis, as the use of this medicine in such a condition is not recommended.
|You Save||₹20.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dry mouth, tiredness, blocked nose, dizziness|
Uses of Telekast L Tablet
Contraindications of Telekast L Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other ingredients of Telekast-L tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Telekast L Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
Precautions and Warnings of Telekast L Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Telekast-L tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Telekast L Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Telekast L Tablet
Interactions of Telekast L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Telekast-L tablet works, or tab Telekast L itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Telekast L Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telekast L Tablet
- An overdose of Telekast-L tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have low mood condition. Can Telekast-L tablet worsen it?
Q: Can I take Telekast-L tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Telekast-L tablet in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Telekast-L tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: What is the compostition of Telekast L?
Q: When should I take the Telekast L?
Q: How long Telekast L can be taken?
Q: Can we take Telekast L daily?
Q: Can Telekast L tablet make me dizzy?
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- MnTL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]