Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tazloc Beta 25 tablet contains a combination of metoprolol and telmisartan as the active ingredients. It is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure when it cannot be managed us
ing single medicine. This medicine lowers the raised blood pressure. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and lowering the raised blood pressure. Do not stop taking Tazloc Beta 25 tablet abruptly as it may cause sudden hypertensive crises and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor. Visit a nearby clinic or hospital in case of any side effects that worsen or remain persistent....
Uses of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
Tazloc Beta 25 tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
- If you have any allergic reaction to metoprolol, telmisartan or any of the ingredient of Tazloc Beta 25 tablet.
- If you are suffering from heart problems like heart block, heart failure or sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms).
- If you have a specific type of angina called prinzmetal's angina (chest pain).
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease).
- If you have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you are suffering from an adrenal gland tumour (phaeochromocytoma).
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body or are on medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide).
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you are in the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders) or severe liver disease.
- If you have diabetes and you are on aliskiren, do not take this medicine.
Side effects of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heart rate
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
- Chest pain
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
Can I take Tazloc Beta 25 tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take Tazloc Beta 25 tablet if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Can I take Tazloc Beta 25 tablet while breastfeeding?
Tazloc Beta 25 tablet passes into the mother’s milk. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding. In the case of breastfeeding, the infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing heart rate.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tazloc Beta 25 tablet?
Tazloc Beta 25 tablet may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness, tiredness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Tazloc Beta 25 tablet?
Alcohol consumption, along with Tazloc Beta 25 tablet can lower your blood pressure and can increase side effects like sleepiness, dizziness or drowsiness, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, thyroid, psoriasis or tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you have diabetes, caution is required. Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may experience warning signs of low blood sugar suchas an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....Read more
- You have a circulation-related problem in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease.
- You are known to have narrowed or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea or vomiting, dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You are taking medicines like ramipril and lisinopril.
Mode of Action of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Metoprolol works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels and reduces high blood pressure.
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes the narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents the binding of angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....Read more
Directions for Use of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
Take Tazloc Beta 25 tablet as directed by your doctor. Always take it at the same time every day. Never change the dose or stop this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tazloc Beta 25 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....Read more
Interactions with food items
It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli and potatoes as telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels.
Storage and disposal of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
- Store Tazloc Beta 25 tablet at or below 25°C.
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tazloc Beta 25mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of
potassium or calcium in blood, dizziness and kidney failure. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose
of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms such as dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., immediately report to your doctor. The doctor can adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of this medicine in your serum and other such important factors.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake in your diet.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Tazloc Beta 25 tablet on my own?
A: If you stop Tazloc Beta 25 tablet suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor.
- Metoprolol Tartrate 100 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- AG-METOPROLOL-L Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- AG-Telmisartan Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Jun 2021 | 07:03 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved