Taxim O 400mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Taxim O 400mg Tablet contains Cefixime that belongs to the group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
Uses of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis)
- Infection of urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections)
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
Contraindications of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
- Diarrhea sometimes, watery diarrhea with fever and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes, fever, sore throat, bleeding gum, vaginal discharge
- Allergic reaction like rash,itching, blisters and papules
- Joint pain, difficulty in swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
Can I take Taxim O 400mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Taxim O 400mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch out for symptoms of diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Taxim O 400mg Tablet?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Taxim O 400mg Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by killing the bacteria by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
Take it as a whole with a glass of water as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of Cefixime when taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C
- Protect from light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Taxim O 400mg Tablet
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by doctor.
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
Other Variants for
Taxim O 400mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:29 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved