T Mart R Tablet
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
T Mart R Tablet contains a combination of Rosuvastatin and Telmisartan as an active ingredient.
Uses of T Mart R Tablet
It is used to treat hypertension (High blood pressure) when it exists with increased/ deranged cholesterol.
Contraindications of T Mart R Tablet
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have or ever had any liver disease or any abnormality in liver function test
- If you are being treated with medicines like Ciclosporin or Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders)
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorder and you have been treated with Aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
- If you consume excessive alcohol
Side effects of T Mart R Tablet
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Feeling weak
- Itching, rash and hives
- Flu-like symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (Inflammation or infection of the eye also known as pink eye)
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeats)
- Chest pain
- Dry Mouth
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasm or pain
- Increased blood glucose
Precautions and Warnings of T Mart R Tablet
Can I take T Mart R Tablet during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek for safer alternative
Can I take T Mart R Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed T Mart R Tablet?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness that can influence your ability to drive. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience any of the side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with T Mart R Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment. Excess alcohol consumption with this medicine can result in liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you notice blood in urine along with muscle pain and fever. It could be a serious side effect, immediately seek medical help
- It can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests must be monitored
- If you have muscle aches, pains or family history of muscle problems
- If you regularly drink an excessive amount of alcohol
- If you have thyroid problem
- If you are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like Gemfibrozil and Fenofibrate already, this medicine should not be taken. Ask your doctor for another alternative
- If you are taking medicines for HIV infection like Ritonavir with Lopinavir
- If you are above 70 years old
- If you have lung diseases
- If you have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- If you are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- If you develop diarrhoea and vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have an adequate amount of water and fluids
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- If you are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- If you have a high level of potassium in your blood
- If you are suffering from diabetes
- If you are taking medicines like Ramipril and Lisinopril
Mode of Action of T Mart R Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme and lowers cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levelsread less
- Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes the narrowing of blood vessels. It leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telmisartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its receptors and causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressureread less
Directions for Use of T Mart R Tablet
- Take T Mart R Tablet as directed by your physician
- It should be taken at the same time every day
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to
- Never stop this medicine on your own
Interactions of T Mart R Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Rosuvastatin and Telmisartan, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- If you are taking or have taken this medicine in the last seven days known as fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and Rosuvastatin should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- Medicines used for thinning the blood like Warfarin or Clopidogrel
- Medicines used to prevent rejection after organ transplant like Ciclosporin
- Increased risk of muscle damage by medicines like Ezetimibe, Gemfibrozil and Fenofibrate which are used to lower cholesterol
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken at least within 2 hours of taking this medicine
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Medicines used to treat cancer like Regorafenib
- Medicines used in hormone replacement therapy
- Medicines used to treat viral infections, HIV or hepatitis C like Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Atazanavir, Ombitasvir, Paritaprevir, Dasabuvir, Velpatasvir, Grazoprevir, Elbasvir, Glecaprevir and Pibrentasvirread less
- Medicine used for heart disorder like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli and potatoes as Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels.
Storage and disposal of T Mart R Tablet
- Keep these medicines below 30°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of T Mart R Tablet
As this medicine contains Telmisartan, symptoms of overdose may include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does exercise help in decreasing cholesterol?
A: It is found that 120 minutes of aerobic exercise per week can help. These could include brisk walking, cycling or swimming. Such exercise can increase the good cholesterol in your blood ( HDL) and decrease the bad cholesterol (LDL). It works best with an appropriate diet and medications.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:34 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved