Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Sumo tablet is used to treat headache, fever, toothache, ear pain, period pains, etc. It contains a combination of nimesulide and paracetamol. Nimesulide and paracetamol belongs to the class of medic
ines called NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹20.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nimesulide(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever, Muscle pain|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach or intestine ulcers, redness of skin|
Uses of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, nimesulide, other anti-inflammatory medicines (aspirin) or other ingredients present along with it.
- If you have a history of liver damage due to painkiller/anti-inflammatory medicine use like nimesulide.
- If you have an existing or history of stomach bleeding, ulcer and inflammation of the stomach lining.
- If you have problems related to blood clotting and bleeding disorders.
- If you have impaired liver or kidney function.
- If you have a serious heart failure problem.
- If you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- If you are suffering from symptoms of flu-like fever, chills, shivering, etc.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Loose stools
- Stomach or intestine ulcers
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and weakness. These could be signs of serious liver damage.
- You develop black tarry stools or vomit blood, immediately stop the medicine.
- You are an elderly, the chances of side effects increases.
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney or heart disease.
- You have a history of stomach or intestine ulcers.
- You are expected to go through any upcoming surgery.
- Taking Sumo tablet for long is not advised as it can increase the risk of heart disease or stomach bleeds.
Mode of Action of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- The human body releases certain chemicals called prostaglandins in response to injury or cell damage or swelling. These are substances that cause swelling, rise in temperature and pain. The active ingredients in the Sumo tablet block the production of these prostaglandins to temporarily control the fever or pain....
Directions for Use of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Sumo tablet works or Sumo tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like steroids, blood thinners, medicines to treat nausea, water pills, blood pressure, mental illnesses, arthritis medications, immune medications, medicines to treat gout, antibiotics, etc....
Storage and disposal of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
Storage and disposal
- Store Sumo tablets in a cool and dry place and protected from moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Sumo Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Individuals may experience symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stomach disturbances, skin rashes, chills, fever, etc. An overdose of this medicine should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never take two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Sumo tablets for six months?
Q: My child has a toothache, can I give Sumo tablet to him?
Q: Can Sumo be taken for long term use?
Q: Is Sumo a habit-forming medicine?
Q: What is the work of sumo tablet?
Q: Can Sumo be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: What is the composition of Sumo tablet?
Q: Can I take Sumo for headache?
- Paracetamol Tablets 500mg (POM) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Prescribing medicines in pregnancy database [Internet]. TGA. Paracetamol. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Nimesulide & Paracetamol Tablets – Salvavidas Pharmaceutical [Internet]. Salvavidaspharma.com. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]