Strocit Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Strocit Plus tablet is a combination medicine used to treat acute stroke. It has citicoline and piracetam as its active components. It protects the brain cells from damage and helps to repair them. It also increases blood flow and oxygen consumption in parts of the brain.
Strocit Plus tablet is meant to be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water. Patients with kidney and liver function problems and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used under medical supervision and for the exact duration.
Megacholin Plus tablets, Nootropil C tablets, Ceham P tablets, Citimac P tablets and Colihenz P 800mg tablets are some other tablets with a combination of citicoline and piracetam. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, including all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Ceham P Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 795.00₹ 675.750.5% CHEAPER₹ 67.58/Tablet
Uses of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to citicoline, piracetam, or any of the components of Strocit Plus tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of medical condition, especially a kidney disorder.
- If you have a history of a brain haemorrhage.
- If you are suffering from Huntington's Chorea ( a neuron degenerative disease).
Side effects of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Uncontrolled movements
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical condition such as stomach or intestinal ulcers, any kind of blood disorder, etc.
- You have a kidney disorder.
- You have a planned surgery or operation including dental surgery.
- You are on certain medications like anticoagulants including the low dose of aspirin.
- You are elderly and taking this medicine for a prolonged duration.
Directions for Use of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Take the medicine orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Always take the medicine as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Storage and disposal of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
Quick Tips of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Strocit Plus tablet is a combination of Citicoline and Piracetam, categorized as Cerebroactive drugs, used as an adjunct for the treatment of acute stroke.
- Acute stroke is a brain injury resulting from the sudden loss of blood flow, nutrients, and oxygen supply to the brain, presenting symptoms like paralysis, loss of sensation, double vision, sleeping difficulties, facial droop, loss of balance, vertigo, nausea, vomiting, headache, and blurred vision....
- It can also be used for memory problems associated with brain injury and age-related brain issues.
- Inform your doctor about any liver or kidney problems, bleeding issues, history of bleeding in the brain, or parkinsonism before taking Strocit Plus tablet.
- Avoid using this medication in patients with Huntington's Disease, intracranial haemorrhage, or a previous history of depression. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should use it only if considered necessary by the physician....
- Women of childbearing potential should use appropriate contraceptive methods during therapy.
- Common side effects of Strocit Plus tablet include headache, constipation, diarrhoea, difficulty falling asleep, nervousness, dizziness, and weight gain. Consult your doctor if these side effects become bothersome....
- Strocit Plus tablet repairs brain cells protects nerve cells, and regulates nerve signal transmissions in the brain and nervous system. Take it as directed by your physician without crushing or chewing the medicine, and do not discontinue without a doctor's advice....
Dosage of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Strocit Plus tablet has citicoline and piracetam as its active components.
- Citicoline protects brain cells from damage and helps to repair and nourish them, thereby increasing neuron excitability. Piracetam acts by improving the oxygen and blood flow to the brain.
- The combined action of these two active ingredients promotes healing, decreases brain damage, ensures speedy recovery in patients who have undergone stroke, and improves overall health.
Interactions of STROCIT PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Strocit Plus tablet may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Strocit Plus tablet work.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating thyroid disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, low doses of aspirin, meclofenoxate, and anti-Parkinson's medicine like levodopa....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Strocit Plus tablet?
Q: How much time will Strocit Plus tablet take to perform its action?
Q: Can Strocit Plus be taken by patients suffering from renal insufficiency?
Q: What lifestyle modification is required to maintain heart condition along with the medication?
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.