Stilnoct 6.25mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Stilnoct 6.25 MG Description
Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablet aids in the short-term treatment of insomnia, a sleeping disorder that causes difficulties falling and staying asleep. This sleeping disorder can be sudden (acute) or prolonge
d (chronic). Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets can be used in both situations. Insomnia can also be associated with other symptoms like anxiety, tiredness, stress, and breathing problems. The active ingredient in Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets is Zolpidem. The mode of action of Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets is by increasing the activity of certain chemical messengers in the brain, which lowers excess brain activity and causes relaxation leading to calmness and sleep. A proper dosage of Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablet helps in managing insomnia. This medication should be taken in the doctor's exact dose; otherwise, it can cause adverse effects like excessive drowsiness, fatigue, etc. Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets can also be habit-forming, which means that the user might form a dependence on this medicine and have trouble sleeping without it. Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets have a high potential for abuse and can cause physical and psychological dependence. It can also cause unwanted sleep behaviours.
|You Save||₹26.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Unsteady walking, Constipation, Changes in appetite, Stomach upset, Dry mouth, Muscle cramps or aches, Menstrual problems, Difficulty keeping balance|
Uses of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets can be used in the short-term treatment of insomnia (sleeplessness) characterised by difficulty in sleep initiation.
Contraindications of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
- Do not take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you are allergic to any component of this medicine.
- If you have a history of substance abuse or addiction to alcohol; this medicine has a high potential for abuse and can cause both physical and psychological dependency.
- If you are pregnant or planning to conceive; Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets can cause low birth weight, preterm delivery, and withdrawal symptoms in the baby at the time of birth.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are experiencing sudden mood changes, depression, suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
- If you take any narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you are diagnosed with any glaucoma (an eye disorder); this medicine can increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you have respiratory problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of sudden dizzy spells.
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a muscle disease)
- If you have respiratory distress (slowing and declining of breathing)
- If you are a child or adolescent under 18; this medicine increases the chances of dizziness and hallucinations in this age group.
Side effects of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
- Side effects of Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets include:
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty keeping balance
Precautions and Warnings of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an older adult over 65; Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism in this age group. The dose of this medicine will have to be closely monitored.
- You have fungal infections and are under treatment for them.
- You have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- You use Ayurvedic or herbal medicines and vitamins or supplements. Some of these can interfere with Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets and cause severe side effects.
- You experience disturbing sleep behaviours and do not remember what happened.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive during the treatment.
- You have a seizure disorder and are taking medications for it.
Mode of Action of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
- Take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Do not take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets; this can result in adverse effects.
Interactions of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not mix Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets with medicines that cause drowsiness, such as antihistamines (allergy medicines), opioid painkillers, sleeping pills, etc. This can cause excessive sleepiness and lethargy....
- Do not take other sedatives like sertraline while using Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets; this can enhance the side effects of this medicine.
- Taking Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets with certain antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like amitriptyline and desipramine can cause increased side effects.
- Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets can reduce the effect of antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole.
Interactions with food items
- Take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets on an empty stomach, ideally before meals. Food can delay the onset of sleep and slow down the absorption of the medicine.
- Avoid coffee and caffeine-containing products that can increase sleeplessness or insomnia.
Storage and disposal of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
Dosage of Stilnoct 6.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use more than one Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablet if I cannot sleep?
Q: Does daily use of Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablet cause sleepwalking?
Q: Can I take Stilnoct 6.25 mg tablets if I have depression?
- Zolpidem: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 27]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 27]. Available from:
- Zolpidem [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 27]. Available from:
- Bouchette D. Zolpidem [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 27]. Available from