Spencip 250mg Tab
By MADHAV LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Spencip 250mg Tab contains ciprofloxacin which belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolones. It is an antibiotic that is used in various bacterial infections.
Uses of Spencip 250mg Tab
- Lower respiratory tract infection
- Treatment of COPD (lung disease)
- Treatment of pneumonia
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Genital tract infection
- Intestinal infection
- Stomach infection
- Skin infection
- Bone and joint infection
Contraindications of Spencip 250mg Tab
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid
- If you are taking tizanidine (medicine used to treat muscle spasm)
Side effects of Spencip 250mg Tab
- Mycotic superinfections
- Decreased appetite
- Sleep disorders
- Taste disorders
- Stomach ache
- Rash, Itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on skin)
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Kidney impairment
- lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Spencip 250mg Tab
Can I take Spencip 250mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Spencip 250mg Tab if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are
- planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Spencip 250mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Spencip 250mg Tab can pass into human breast milk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Spencip 250mg Tab?
This medicine may affect the reaction time, which is crucial for driving, hence it is advised not to use this medicine while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Spencip 250mg Tab?
You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney diseases, as this medicine will then require dose adjustment
- You have a history of fits
- You have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- You have any history of tendon problems
- You have heart diseases, very slow heart rhythm, heart failure
- You have liver diseases
- You have mental health problems
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately
Mode of Action of Spencip 250mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine prevents bacterial growth and kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Spencip 250mg Tab
Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Spencip 250mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that increase the QT interval e.g., medicines that belong to the class anti-arrhythmics, tricyclic antidepressants, macrolides, antipsychotics
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Ciprofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of takingthis medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....Read more
- Medicines used for treatment of gout like probenecid
- Medicines used to treat nausea and vomiting like metoclopramide
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like tizanidine
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate
- Medicine used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline
- If you are using medicines known as xanthine derivatives
- Medicine used to treat epilepsy or fits like phenytoin
- Medicine used to treat skin conditions, rheumatoid arthritis and in organ transplantation like cyclosporin
- Medicines that are used as blood thinner (Anticoagulants) like warfarin, acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon or fluindione
- Medicine used to treat depression like duloxetine, agomelatine
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like ropinirole
- Anaesthetics like lidocaine
- Medicines used to treat mental health like clozapine
- Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction like sildenafil
- Medicines used to treat sleeping disorders like zolpidem
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yogurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with this medicine as they reduce the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Spencip 250mg Tab
- This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Spencip 250mg Tab
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, tremor, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in urine, difficulty in urination...Read more
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and contin
ue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Spencip 250mg Tab?
- If you notice tightness in chest, difficulty in breathing, or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help
- If you notice pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/ sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode
Q: What should I avoid while taking ciprofloxacin?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved