Sparacid Ds Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML Description
Sparacid DS syrup is an anti-ulcer medicine used for the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and the intestine. It contains sucralfate as its main ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines cal
led cytoprotective agents. It adheres to the ulcer site and protects it from damage due to acid, enzymes and bile salts this enables healing. Sparacid DS syrup should be taken on an empty stomach as suggested by your doctor. You should also avoid taking antacids one hour before or after taking this medicine. It is advised to make certain lifestyle changes as an unhealthy lifestyle pattern is associated with the occurrence of ulcers. Try to have a balanced diet, exercise regularly, cope up with stress, avoid smoking, limit alcohol intake and get sufficient night sleep. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Sparacid DS syrup
Uses of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
Side effects of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
- Dry mouth
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a kidney-related disorder or are on dialysis.
- You are diabetic as this medicine can lead to elevated blood sugar levels.
- Before giving Sparacid DS syrup to your child, please check with the doctor.
Mode of Action of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
- Take Sparacid DS syrup in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for measuring exact quantities.
- Do not take this medicine too much or too often.
Interactions of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sparacid DS syrup works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking or might take and keep a gap of at least 2 hours between administartion of medicines whose concentration in the body is likely to be affected by Sparacid DS syrup. If you are not sure about these medicines, ask your doctor....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat infections, for brain-related conditions, anti-coagulants, medicines for uneven heart rhythm and for thyroid disorder.
Storage and disposal of Sparacid Ds 1000 MG/5ML
- Store Sparacid DS syrup at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.