Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant Description
Solvin Ex Expectorant is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spa
sm, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It is a combination medicine containing - bromhexine, guaifenesin and terbutaline. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, guaifenesin is an expectorant, and terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Solvin Ex Expectorant works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹15.67 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine(4.0 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg/5ml)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Contraindications of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- If you are allergic to guaifenesin, terbutaline, bromhexine or any other ingredients of Solvin Ex Expectorant.
- If you have heart-related problems like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have seizures and tremors.
Side effects of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Precautions and Warnings of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergies after taking Solvin Ex Expectorant.
- You have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeat or heart failure.
- You have a history of fits, seizures or tremors.
- You have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low potassium level in your blood.
- If you are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- Solvin Ex Expectorant should not be given to the children.
Mode of Action of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
- Solvin Ex Expectorant works by the combined action of its components: terbutaline, guaifenesin and bromhexine.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant, and so it helps to thin the mucus in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucus thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier....
Directions for Use of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Take Solvin Ex Expectorant as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Solvin Ex Expectorant works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Solvin Ex Expectorant along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and Propranolol, Atenolol and other similar medicines of this class used to treat high blood pressure are not advised....
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders and other medicines used for brain disorders such as Desipramine, Selegiline, Amitriptyline etc. should be used cautiously.
- Solvin Ex Expectorant should be used with caution in corticosteroids like Prednisone (used to treat inflammation), Acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness), water pills such as Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide (used to treat high blood pressure)....
- Solvin Ex Expectorant should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat an eye condition called glaucoma, including eye drops and medicines to treat asthma or other respiratory disorders may interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Store Solvin Ex Expectorant below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Solvin Ex Passion Fruit Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting Solvin Ex Expectorant?
- Consult with your doctor if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer or have a history of stomach ulcer.
- Do inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor before giving Solvin Ex Expectorant to a child.
Q: Can I take Solvin Ex Expectorant for dry cough?
Q: Does Solvin Ex Expectorant cause drowsiness?
Q: Can we give Solvin Ex Expectorant to elderly patients?
- Bisolvon Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Terbutaline Syrup [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Terbutaline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]