Smuth Cream Description
Smuth cream contains a combination of Hydrocortisone, Calcium Dobesilate, Zinc and Lidocaine (also called Lignocaine). It is used to treat piles. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any o
f its components. Smuth cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects but they normally fade away with time. If you notice the side effects persist or worsen, please consult your doctor. Wash your hands after applying Smuth cream. Inform your doctor about all the past medicine, supplements or disease condition, before starting the treatment with Smuth cream.
|You Save||₹19.16 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrocortisone(0.25 %) + Calcium Dobesilate(0.25 %) + Zinc(5.0 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(3.0 %)|
|Side effects||Application site reactions like burning or stinging sensation, irritation, itching, redness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PILES|
Uses of Smuth Cream
Contraindications of Smuth Cream
Side effects of Smuth Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Smuth Cream
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Smuth cream.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose, mouth or open skin wounds.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Do not use Smuth cream for any other condition or more frequently than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Smuth Cream
How Does It Work?
- Smuth cream works by the combined action of all its components.
- Calcium dobesilate acts by protecting the blood vessels of the anal and lowest part of the rectum area. It promotes normal blood flow by reducing the blood viscosity and improves blood supply through the blood vessels of the anal area. It also helps in reducing swelling....
- Hydrocortisone works by blocking or reducing the action of some natural substances in the skin that cause swelling, redness and allergies.
- Zinc has astringent and antiseptic properties.
- Lidocaine (also called Lignocaine) is a local anaesthetic and works by blocking pain.
Directions for Use of Smuth Cream
- Smuth cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Take a sufficient quantity of this medicine and gently apply it over the affected area.
- Do not use it for a longer duration than that prescribed.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately. Please contact your doctor if you still feel any discomfort.
Interactions of Smuth Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Smuth cream works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Smuth Cream
- Store Smuth cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Smuth Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Smuth Cream used for?
Q: What should I eat and what should be avoided if I have piles?
- Consume a diet with good amounts of fibre, as it can improve the passage of bowels.
- Consume whole grains, leafy vegetables, lentils and fruits.
- Avoid binge drinking and smoking and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it can put pressure on the anal area.
Q: What are the side effects of using Smuth cream?
Q: Can I stop using Smuth cream if my symptoms go away?
Q: Can Smuth cream be used in children?
Q: How many times a day I can use Smuth cream?
Other Products from this Brand
- Smuth Mint Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
- Smuth Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Smuth L Delicious Orange Flavour Syrup 150 Ml
- Smuth Delicious Pineapple Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 110 Ml Suspension
- Smuth Fiber Lemon Orange Bottle Of 105 Gm Granules
- Smuth 500 Mg Capsule 5
- Smuth Mint Flavour Bottle Of 170 Ml Suspension
- Smuth Fiber Bottle Of 105 Gm Granules
- Smuth Bottle Of 11 Oml Suspension