Rozavel 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
The composition of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S includes the active ingredient, rosuvastatin, a hypolipidemic medicine that belongs to the family of statins.
Uses of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
The uses of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S include reducing LDL levels, i.e., bad cholesterol. This medicine is given to patients with high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease. It is known to prevent stroke and reduce the risk of heart attack.
Contraindications of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
- Allergic to rosuvastatin
- Alcohol addiction
- Abnormal liver test
- Renal or hepatic diseases
Side effects of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
- Common side effects of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, muscle aches, lethargy, fever, jaundice, abnormal liver enzymes
- Serious side effects include myopathy, which can manifest in the form of muscle ache, lethargy and fever
Precautions and Warnings of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
To be avoided in pregnancy. If you become pregnant or are planning to, please talk to your doctor.
Can I take Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S while breastfeeding?
A tiny amount of rosuvastatin passes into the breast milk. Hence it should be avoided while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S?
Yes, you can as the medicine does not have any effect on your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol intake should be reduced while on this medicine, as it can result in liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Fusidic acid and this medicine may cause serious muscle problems, hence you need to inform the doctor if you are on treatment with fusidic acid
- Presence of kidney or liver problems
- Family history of muscle aches
- Past history of muscular problems with other hypolipidemic medicines
- Binge drinking
Mode of Action of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
It inhibits the enzyme which is responsible for the formation of cholesterol, hence lowering the LDL values and increasing good cholesterol (HDL).
Directions for Use of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
The medicine should be consumed exactly as prescribed by your physician. The tablet is to be swallowed with water, with or without food.
Interactions of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
There is increased risk of myopathy when this medicine is used with other lipid-lowering medicines. Other medicines like cyclosporin, erythromycin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing levels of statins. After taking this medicine, within two hours any antacids like aluminum hydroxide should not be taken.
Interactions with food items
Restrictive intake of grapefruit juice is advised.
Other general Interactions
Increased blood glucose and HbA1c levels are observed with statin intake.
Storage and disposal of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
Medicine should be kept room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture. Keep the tablet out of reach from children and pets.
Dosage of Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
If you overdose the medicine, call your physician immediately. The usual side effects of this medicine may be seen in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is less than 12 hours to the next dose, take the medicine or else follow the regular dosage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time will the medicine take to work once taken?
A: Results will appear 2-4 weeks after the treatment has started, when one will be able to see a decrease of LDL in their blood reports. However, the same may vary from person to person. On follow-up visits, the physician will adjust the dose according to the targeted cholesterol level.
Q: What are the alarm signs to stop taking the medicine and inform doctor ASAP?
- Unusual muscle aches going on for more than expected time span
- Severe allergic reaction like swelling of face, lips, tongue, itching, rashes on skin, difficulty in breathing, swallowing
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine once my lipid levels are in range?
A: Never discontinue this medicine on your own. Even if cholesterol levels reach the normal range, you should still continue taking this tablet as it prevents lipid levels from going up again and causing fatty deposits in blood vessels.
Q: What should I discuss with physician before starting on treatment with the medicine?
A: Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the medicine, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you have liver disease, renal disease, habituated alcoholic, any thyroid disorder.
Q: How should I take this medicine?
- This medicine is to be swallowed as a whole with or without food along with water
- Take it exactly as per prescription
- Do not overdose or modify dosage, or stop on your own
- Tablet is to be removed from the packaging only before consuming
- Healthline. Rosuvastatin, Oral Tablet.
- emedicinehealth. rosuvastatin (Crestor). What happens if I overdose (Crestor)?
- Medscape. rosuvastatin (Rx).
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Rosuvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Crestor 10 mg film-coated tablets.
- Bethesda (MD). Rosuvastatin. 2006.
- DailyMed. LABEL: ROSUVASTATIN - rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- Bethesda (MD). Rosuvastatin. 2006.
Other Variants for
Rozavel 10mg Tab 10'S
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:38 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved