Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rosuvastatin is a lipid-lowering medicine present in Rosuvas 10 Tablet. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors' medicine. This medicine lowers the formation of bad cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for cholesterol formation. Take this medicine preferably at bedtime to gain optimum outcome. Along with this medicine, you should practice exercise and consume less fried, junk and packaged food.
Uses of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Rosuvas 10 Tablet is used to lower your cholesterol, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood), reduce the risk of heart disease such as heart attack and prevent stroke.
Contraindications of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin, or any other ingredient of Rosuvas 10 Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
- If you or your family has a history of muscle disorder.
- If you are on any other cholesterol-lowering medicines.
- If you are on immunosuppressant medicine such as ciclosporin used to treat arthritis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Diabetes mellitus
Precautions and Warnings of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
Rosuvas 10 Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine which can harm the foetus. For a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Rosuvas 10 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is limited information available on the use of Rosuvas 10 Tablet during breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine unless it is prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rosuvas 10 Tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Rosuvas 10 Tablet?
- Alcohol intake should be reduced while on this medicine as it can lead to liver damage.
- You should not consume alcohol if you have high cholesterol levels, as alcohol further breaks down in the body and forms bad cholesterol. Thus avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicines.
- You are taking medicines for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have respiratory failure.
- You have diabetes, thyroid problems.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any muscle disorder.
- You experience any other symptoms after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is created by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take Rosuvas 10 Tablet in the correct dosage and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time preferably at bedtime.
Interactions of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of myopathy, when used with other lipid-lowering agents.
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing the levels of statins.read less
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide.
- Fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping Fusidic acid.
Interactions with food items
Limit the intake of grapefruit juice to very small quantities.
Storage and disposal of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Rosuvas 10 Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Do not keep any medicine that is out of date or that you no longer need.
Dosage of Rosuvas 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much dose of Rosuvas 10 Tablet than that prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will the Rosuvas 10 Tablet work?
A: The results can be seen within two to four weeks; however; it varies from individual to individual. Your doctor might choose to adjust your doses to reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: Is Rosuvas 10 Tablet also a blood-thinner?
A: No, Rosuvas 10 only lowers the production of bad cholesterol in the body.
Q: For how long should I take Rosuvas 10? Is it safe for long-term consumption?
A: One might have to take this medication for life-long. Do not stop without asking your doctor because it may lead to an increase in cholesterol levels again. It is safe if you take it as prescribed by your doctor as this medicine has a few side effects.
Q: When should I take Rosuvas Tablet?
A: You should take the Rosuvas 10 preferably at bedtime or before going to bed and at a fixed time to get optimum benefits.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved