Rosulip 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S contains rosuvastatin, which belongs to a class of medicines called statins. These are used along with lifestyle modifications such as cholesterol-lowering diet and physical activity....
|You Save||₹47.82 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Rosuvastatin(10.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rosulip 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uses of Rosulip 10 MG
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels
- It is also known to prevent cardiovascular events like stroke and reduce the risk of heart attack
Contraindications of Rosulip 10 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease
- If you have unexplained muscle pain
- If you are taking medicines like ciclosporin
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- If you are an alcoholic
Side effects of Rosulip 10 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Rosulip 10 MG
Can I take Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S during pregnancy?
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraceptive methods while using this medicine....
Can I take Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S while breastfeeding?
- A small amount of this medicine passes into breast milk
- Limited data is available on safety about Rosuvastatin during breastfeeding
- It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breastfeed the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S?
This medicine does not influence your ability to drive, however, as this medicine is known to cause dizziness, hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S?
Caution is advised if you are consuming excess of alcohol as it may result in liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You notice blood in urine along with muscle pain, fever. This could be serious side effect of abnormal muscle breakdown
- It can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes. Liver function tests have to be monitored
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems
- You regularly drink excess amount of alcohol
- You have thyroid problem
- You are taking medicines to lower cholesterol like gemfibrozil, fenofibrate
- You are taking medicines for HIV infection like ritonavir with lopinavir
- You are above 70 years old
- You are diabetic
- You have lactose intolerance
- You have lung diseases
Mode of Action of Rosulip 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Rosulip 10 MG
- Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S is to be taken orally with or without food or as directed by your physician
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not chew or crush the tablet
Interactions of Rosulip 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You are taking or have taken this medicine in the last seven days known as fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and rosuvastatin should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problems...
- Medicines used for thinning the blood like warfarin or clopidogrel
- Medicines used to prevent rejection after organ transplants like ciclosporin
- Increased risk of muscle damage by medicines like ezetimibe, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate which are used to lower cholesterol
- Medicines used to treat acidity in your stomach like antacids should not be taken atleast within 2 hours of taking this medicine
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Medicines used to treat cancer like regorafenib
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medicines used to treat viral infections, HIV or hepatitis C like ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, ombitasvir, paritaprevir, dasabuvir, velpatasvir, grazoprevir, elbasvir, glecaprevir, pibrentasvir
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food Limit intake of grapefruit juice to minimal quantities
Storage and disposal of Rosulip 10 MG
- Store in original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medicines below 30°C
Dosage of Rosulip 10 MG
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Although, no particular side effects of overdose of rosuvastatin are known, one must avoid an overdose of any medicine....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. However, do not take 2 doses of rosuvastatin within 12 hours....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting Rosulip 10mg Tab 15'S. Results may vary in individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
A: Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine and reduce your alcohol intake. Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- You should take medicine at the same time everyday
- Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day such as eating dinner or brushing your teeth at night
- This may help you remember to take it
- Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine
- You can use a pillbox with the days of the week on it
- Canadian monograph. rosuvastatin. [Accessed on 7.Dec.2019] (online)
- Ema.patient leaflet information.Rosuvastatin.[Accessed on 7.Dec.2019] (online)
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Rosuvastatin. [Updated 2019 Jun 3].
- Dailymed.Rosuvastatin.[Accessed 10 Dec.2019] (online)
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.