Riscure Ls\N Tab
By LINUX LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Riscure LS Tablet is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenic patients experience hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behaviour, impairing daily functioning and disabling. Riscure LS Tablet can also be used to treat autism-associated irritability. Riscure LS Tablet is a combination medicine that contains Risperidone and Trihexyphenidyl (Benzhexol Hydrochloride) as the active ingredient. It functions by affecting the levels of specific chemical messengers, which improve mood, thoughts, and behaviour. Riscure LS Tablet should be taken in dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition or may lead to withdrawal symptoms....
|You Save||₹8.51 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Risperidone(2.0 Mg),Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Autistic Disorder|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Dizziness, Anxiety, Abdominal pain, Dry mouth, Akathisia, Dystonia, Tremors|
Check more medicines with composition as Risperidone(2.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Riscure LsN Tab
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, the Riscure LS Tablet is used in the following:
- Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Treatment of Mania in Bipolar disorder
- Treatment of irritability associated with autistic disorder
Contraindications of Riscure LsN Tab
- If you are allergic to any component of the Riscure LS Tablet.
- If you are experiencing sudden mood changes or suicidal ideation.
- If you have low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you have a history of stroke or are at high risk of having a stroke.
- If you have Parkinson's disease or dementia.
- If you have diabetes or epilepsy.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have heart disease.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have prostate or bladder problems.
- If you have respiratory issues.
Side effects of Riscure LsN Tab
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Tremors (uncontrolled rhythmic movement in one part of the body)
- Dystonia (twisting & repetitive movements)
- Akathisia (restlessness & urge to move)
Precautions and Warnings of Riscure LsN Tab
Can I take a Riscure LS Tablet during pregnancy?
No, the Riscure LS Tablet poses a risk and is unsafe for the growing baby. Pregnant women should only take this medicine only if necessary or in some life-threatening condition. Consulting your doctor before taking this medicine is essential.
Can I take a Riscure LS Tablet while breastfeeding?
Riscure LS Tablet can be unsafe during breastfeeding. It may get excreted into breast milk and can affect the baby. Consult your doctor and discuss the potential risks and benefits of this medicine. Your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding for a while or prescribe low doses if you continue breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken the Riscure LS Tablet?
Riscure LS Tablet may cause side effects that can affect your driving ability. It may decrease alertness, affect your vision, and make you feel dizzy and lightheaded. If you are experiencing these side effects after taking this medicine, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Riscure LS Tablet?
No, do not consume alcohol with Riscure LS Tablet, as it increases the severity of side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy, blurred vision, liver injury, etc. It also worsens the symptoms for which you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Riscure LS Tablet.
- You have any suicidal ideation or self-harming thoughts.
- You experience any severe side effects.
- Your symptoms do not improve, or there is worsening of your condition.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- You have any previous mild liver or kidney conditions; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating, and confusion.
- You are using any ayurvedic or herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Riscure LsN Tab
How Does It Work?
Riscure LS Tablet is a combination medicine that contains Risperidone-2mg and Trihexyphenidyl (Benzhexol Hydrochloride)-2mg as the active ingredient. Risperidone belongs to the atypical antipsychotic class of medicine. It works by balancing the chemical messengers called neurotransmitters (dopamine and serotonin) and blocking their effect, thereby helping in improving mood, behaviour, and thoughts. Risperidone belongs to the atypical antipsychotic class of medicine. Trihexyphenidyl (Benzhexol Hydrochloride) is an anticholinergic class of medicine that works by blocking acetylcholine. Trihexyphenidyl possesses smooth muscle-relaxing properties, which help control extrapyramidal side effects (i.e., restlessness, involuntary muscle contraction, rigidity) of Risperidone....
Directions for Use of Riscure LsN Tab
- Take the Riscure LS Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take this medication on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Take the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t stop taking this medication suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not consume if the package has been opened.
- Don’t exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Riscure LsN Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor about what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, and nutritional supplements you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine interaction. Many medicines can interact with Riscure LS Tablet, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes -...
- Anxiety medicines, such as diazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide, alprazolam, and lorazepam. You may experience sedation and drowsiness.
- Blood pressure-lowering medicine, such as amlodipine, lisinopril, losartan, or metoprolol. You may have low blood pressure.
- Pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, and codeine. The interaction may cause more sedation and drowsiness.
- Anti-Parkinson’s medicines such as levodopa. The effect of levodopa may be reduced.
- Interaction with Antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole can reduce its effects.
- Interaction with Antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine leads to increased blood levels of Risperidone and causes increased side effects.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the regular diet as food doesn’t influence the effect of the Riscure LS Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Riscure LsN Tab
Store Riscure LS Tablet away from sunlight in a cool and dry spot. Ensure the medication is out of reach from children and pet animals. Keep your tablets in the pack until it is time to take them. Do not flush Riscure LS Tablet down into the toilet. Do not throw away the medicines via household waste. Dispose of the expired medicine immediately. Do not use it after the expiry date, which is stated on the label....
Dosage of Riscure LsN Tab
Riscure LS Tablet overdose can result in symptoms like sedation, fast pounding, irregular heartbeat, hypotension, fainting, dizziness, and seizures. If you experience any such symptoms or think you have taken an overdose, immediately seek emergency treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of the Riscure LS Tablet, take it at the earliest. If it's already time to take the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose. Do not double dose. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion regarding this issue. Do not take both doses together as it can cause overdose side effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does taking a Riscure LS Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Yes, Riscure LS Tablet contains Risperidone which can make you feel more hungry than usual. Thus, this medicine may lead to weight gain. Eating healthy and exercising is important when consuming the pill.
Q: How much time does the Riscure LS Tablet take to show its desired effect?
A: It takes around 4-6 weeks for Riscure LS Tablet to show its effect clinically. However, the results are seen within one to two weeks in some patients. Stay in touch with your doctor during the first few weeks of starting this treatment.
Q: Can I discontinue the Riscure LS Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
A: No, suddenly stopping the consumption of Riscure LS Tablet causes withdrawal symptoms like confusion, depression, nervousness or irritability, diarrhoea, vomiting, and sweating. Consult your doctor before stopping the consumption of the Riscure LS Tablet, as doses need to be tapered slowly to avoid undesirable side effects.
- Risperidone – an antipsychotic medicine used to help symptoms of mental health conditions [Internet]. NHS.uk. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Risperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
- Risperidone 2mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (EMC) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
- McNeil S, Gibbons J, Cogburn M. Risperidone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Trihexyphenidyl: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 February 2022]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.