Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Rimstar Tablet is used for the treatment of tuberculosis (a bacterial infection that mainly affects lungs) in the lungs as well as outside the lungs (bacterial infection may spread to organs other th
an lungs such as the abdomen, kidney, skeletal muscles, spine, and brain). Rimstar Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called antibacterials (medicines that kill bacteria). You should take the Rimstar Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Rimstar Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. It is important to complete the prescribed course of this medicine to prevent reinfection and the development of medicine resistance in the TB bacteria. The side effects of Rimstar Tablets include upset stomach, diarrhoea, fever, and rash. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Rimstar Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. Rimstar Tablet interaction with alcohol and certain nutritional supplements may produce adverse effects and must be avoided. Rimstar Tablet may also interact and produce life-threatening side effects with certain medications used in anxiety, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, HIV, or fungal infection.
|You Save||₹8.46 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ethambutol(275.0 Mg) + Pyrazinamide(400.0 Mg) + Isoniazid(75.0 Mg) + Rifampicin(150.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Upset stomach, diarrhoea, fever, eye pain, sore throat|
Uses of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Rimstar Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) (a bacterial infection that mainly affects lungs causing coughing for three or more weeks along with fatigue and chest pain or difficulty in breathing)
- Treatment of extra-pulmonary tuberculosis (tuberculosis may also affect organs other than lungs such as stomach (abdomen), skeletal muscles, spine, lymph glands, kidney, and brain)
Contraindications of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to isoniazid, rifampicin, ethambutol, pyrazinamide, or any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- If you have or have had any serious liver problems.
Side effects of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Upset stomach
- Sore Throat
- Eye Pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have suffered from TB in the past and used Rimstar Tablet for treatment.
- You drink alcohol regularly.
- You have epilepsy (seizures) or ever had fits.
- You have diabetes.
- You have or ever had serious liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering or have suffered from mental problems such as hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are actually not present).
- You are malnourished (weight is below normal and have nutrition deficiencies).
- You have an HIV infection.
- You conceive during the course of Rimstar Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Rimstar Tablet must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Rimstar Tablet must be taken without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Rimstar Tablet as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Rimstar Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking Rimstar Tablet with the following medicines as it may reduce their effectiveness:
- Medicines used for the treatment of fungal infections (ketoconazole)
- Medicines for the management of anxiety (diazepam)
- Medicines for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease (levodopa)
- Rimstar Tablet should not be taken along with the following medicines as it increases their toxicity and adverse effects:
- Medicines for epilepsy (carbamazepine, phenytoin)
- Medicines used in the treatment of HIV (stavudine)
- Medicines for the treatment of alcohol addiction (disulfiram)
- Inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking to avoid side effects associated with drug interaction.
Interactions with food items
- Rimstar Tablet may interact adversely with tyramine or histamine containing foods and beverages (cheese, red wine, beer, tuna fish, salmon and other tropical fish).
Storage and disposal of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dosage of Rimstar 4fdc Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)