Rifaximax 550mg Tablet
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rifaximax 550 MG Description
Rifaximax 550mg tablets contain rifaximin. Rifaximin is a semi-synthetic derivative of rifampin which acts as an anti-bacterial agent. It is used to treat infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syn
drome with diarrhoea (IBS-D) in adults. However, this tablet not recommended in diarrhoea which occurs due to agents other than Escherichia coli. or is complicated by fever or bloody stools. Rifaximax tablet is also used to reduce the risk of hepatic encephalopathy recurrence in individuals. The dosage and duration of consuming Rifaximax 550 mg tablets varies depending on the disease condition.
|You Save||₹66.54 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of travellers' diarrhoea, hepatic encephalopathy, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea (IBS-D)|
|Side effects||Headache, peripheral oedema, nausea, dizziness, ascites|
Check more medicines with composition as Rifaximin(550.0 Mg)
7 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rifaximax 550mg Tablet
- Rifcure 550mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 395.00₹ 300.2020.39% CHEAPER₹ 30.02/Tablet
- Rexigut 550mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 400.00₹ 340.009.84% CHEAPER₹ 34.00/Tablet
- Rifakem 550 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 399.00₹ 351.126.89% CHEAPER₹ 35.11/Tablet
- Rifaxigress 550 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 409.00₹ 347.657.82% CHEAPER₹ 34.77/Tablet
- Rifabiz 550mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 330.00₹ 280.5025.62% CHEAPER₹ 28.05/Tablet
- Rifadac 550mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ikon Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 495.00₹ 321.7514.69% CHEAPER₹ 32.17/Tablet
- Rifalet 550mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Innovative Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 495.00₹ 321.7514.69% CHEAPER₹ 32.17/Tablet
Uses of Rifaximax 550 MG
- Travellers’ diarrhoea
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea (IBS-D)
Contraindications of Rifaximax 550 MG
- Allergy to rifaximin or any other ingredients of Rifaximin tablets.
Side effects of Rifaximax 550 MG
- Peripheral oedema
Precautions and Warnings of Rifaximax 550 MG
Can I take Rifaximax 550mg tablets during pregnancy?
Rifaximax 550 mg tablets are not recommended if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Rifaximax 550mg tablets while breastfeeding?
Do not use Rifaximax tablets while breastfeeding because is unclear whether rifaximin can be passed on to your baby via breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken Rifaximax 550mg tablets?
Rifaximax tablets does not impair driving abilities, however, it can produce dizziness in some patients. Therefore, do not drive if you feel dizzy.
Can I consume alcohol with Rifaximax 550mg tablets?
It is unknown whether drinking alcohol while taking Rifaximax 550mg tablet is safe. Please seek medical advice.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from travellers' diarrhoea not caused by E. coli
- You suffer from Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea
- You have liver problems
Mode of Action of Rifaximax 550 MG
How Does It Work?
Rifaximax 550 mg tablets works by preventing the bacterial growth. After entering the body, rifaximin converts to its active component called rifampin. Rifampin binds to an enzyme that helps in bacterial protein formation. This causes inhibition of bacterial growth....
Directions for Use of Rifaximax 550 MG
- Take Rifaximax tablets as per your doctor's instructions
- Take the tablet all at once with or without food
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet
- Take the tablet at same time everyday
Interactions of Rifaximax 550 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Prothrombin time and INR needs to be continuously monitored while concomitant use of warfarin with Rifaximax tablets. You may need to dose adjustment for warfarin dose for maintaining INR within its target range....
Storage and disposal of Rifaximax 550 MG
- Store Rifaximax tablets between 20-25 degree Celsius
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Do not use Rifaximax tablets after its expiry date
- Medicines should not be flushed down the toilet or thrown away in the trash. Inquire with your pharmacist about how to get rid of medicines that are no longer needed. These steps will aid in environmental protection....
Dosage of Rifaximax 550 MG
Contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately, in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missing dose as soon as you recall, then go back to your regular schedule for the next dose. Do not take two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What must I inform my doctor before taking Rifaximax tablets?
A: Before using Rifaximax tablets, you must inform your doctor your medical history, especially if you had liver disease. You must describe the nature of the diarrhoea, including other information like fever, bloody stools, or current use of antibiotics for another ailment. Also inform about prescription, herbal, or nutritional medicines you're currently using.
Q: For how long should you take Rifaximax Tablet?
- The duration you'll need to use Rifaximax Tablet is determined by the disease you're treating. It is normally administered for three days if it is prescribed for the treatment of traveller's diarrhoea and 14 days to treat irritable bowel syndrome....
Q: Can Rifaximax 550 Tablet completely cure IBS?
A: Rifaximax 550 Tablet can help relieve symptoms and delay the disease's recurrence. However, it is unclear whether it will totally heal the condition. Rifaximax 550 Tablet has been demonstrated to aid with symptoms such as diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and discomfort. For further information on IBS treatment, go to your doctor.
- XIFAXAN® (rifaximin) tablets, for oral use [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 29 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021361s023lbl.pdf
- XIFAXANTA ® 200 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4752.pdf
- TARGAXAN® 550 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2976.pdf
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed