Relax F Tablets
Relax F Tablets Description
Relax F tablet is used to treat major depressive disorders. Other uses of Relax F tablet are managing symptoms of other mood disorders like panic disorder and anxiety. It has two active ingredients:
fluoxetine and alprazolam. Relax F tablet balances the brain's chemical substances that slow down the overworked nervous system. It also lowers mood changes and improves behaviour. All types of mood disorders affect a person's normal day-to-day life, which lowers the quality of life. It can cause immensely low mood and loss of interest in life. The proper dosage of Relax F tablets helps in managing these symptoms. Take these tablets in the exact dose advised by the doctor as it can cause various adverse effects like drowsiness, fatigue, etc. Suddenly, stopping this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms like cramps, sweating, vomiting, and tremors. Try to follow your doctor's directions for using Relax F tablets. It is an addictive medication. It can cause both physical and cognitive dependency.
|You Save||₹7.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluoxetine(20.0 Mg) + Alprazolam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder, Anxiety disorder, panic disorder|
|Side effects||Blurred speech, Change in sex drive, Balancing problems, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Weight gain, Muscle stiffness, Restlessness, Tremor, Delayed ejaculation, Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm),|
Uses of Relax F Tablets
- As per CDSCO, Relax F tablet is used in the following conditions:
- Major depressive disorder.
- Anxiety in people with depression. (like restlessness, irritability, fatigue, concentration problems, etc.)
- Anxiety disorder.
Contraindications of Relax F Tablets
- If you have a known allergic reaction to the main ingredients of Relax F tablets.
- If you have a history of alcohol addiction or substance abuse, this medicine can cause both physical and psychological dependency if used for a long time.
- If you are expecting currently or planning a pregnancy while using this medicine.
- If you have noticed sudden mood changes, feeling suicidal or having other self-harming thoughts.
- If you have glaucoma, an eye disorder, Relax F tablets can increase fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you have respiratory problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you have central nervous system depression, which causes a slow and steady decline of breathing.
- If you had a head injury, are at risk of falling often, or suffer from sudden spells of dizziness.
Side effects of Relax F Tablets
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Change in sex drive
- Sleep-related problems
Precautions and Warnings of Relax F Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have breathing problems during sleep.
- You have a seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- You have a history of low blood pressure and diabetes.
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years. High doses of this medicine may cause serious adverse effects due to slow metabolism.
- You are going to have a surgical or dental procedure.
- You have previously been diagnosed with lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- You are using any vitamin, ayurvedic, herbal medicines, and supplements.
Mode of Action of Relax F Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Relax F Tablets
- Take the Relax F tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time each day.
- Do not increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Take this tablet as it is with a glass of water.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take Relax F tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- If you stop using this medication suddenly, it may have unwanted side effects.
Interactions of Relax F Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you have used fluoxetine, an ingredient in Relax F tablet in the last few weeks, inform your doctor. It can stay in the body for an extended period, and taking this medicine can lead to overdose side effects....
- Relax F medicine can increase bleeding if you use blood thinners (warfarin) and medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.
- If you are currently using seizure medicines, antipsychotics, heart medicine, Relax F tablets can slow down the removal of these medicines.
- If you have taken MAO antidepressant medications (linezolid, selegiline, etc.) in the last 14 days, Relax F tablets can interact to cause fatal reactions.
- If you are using any medicines that increase serotonin levels in the body, Relax F tablets can cause serotonin syndrome.
- Do not take medicines that cause drowsiness with Relax F tablets, such as anti-allergy medicines, cold or cough medicines, certain pain relievers, sleeping pills, etc.
- Pimozide medicine is contraindicated with Relax F tablets as it can cause QT prolongation (heart rhythm disorder).
Interactions with food items
- While consuming a Relax F tablet, do not eat any food that has high amounts of Tyramine such as cheese, milk, meat, bananas, soy, excess chocolate, chicken liver, and canned fruits like figs. It can result in serious side effects and a sudden increase in blood pressure....
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice. It can cause potentially serious side effects by increasing the level of this medicine in the body.
- Do not use cigarettes or tobacco products. They can alter the effectiveness of the Relax F tablet.
Storage and disposal of Relax F Tablets
Dosage of Relax F Tablets
- Overdose of Relax F tablet can cause symptoms such as confusion, decreased focus, suicidal thoughts, swollen feet and hands, low sexual desire, trouble breathing, liver problems, severe abdominal pain, low heart rate, and trouble with sleeping and loss of consciousness. ...
- If you overdose on the Relax F tablets and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment at a hospital close to you.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed a single dose of Relax F tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you recall missing a dose when it's already time to take the next Relax F tablet, skip the missed one and take the next dose. Do not take both tablets together or within a couple of hours, as it can cause an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I gain weight if I use the Relax F tablets every day?
Q: Can I use the Relax F tablet if I have seizures?
Q: Can I use Relax F safely for a long duration?
- Alprazolam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 9].
- Fluoxetine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 9].
- PROZAC (fluoxetine delayed-release capsules) for oral use Initial U.S. Approval: 1987 Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 9].
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of Benzodiazepines to Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors to Optimize Treatment of Depression: A Hospital-based Study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. [cited 2022 Mar 9].