By MEDREICH LIFECARE LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Reichlox Capsules Description
Reichlox Cap is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Ampicillin and Cloxacillin.
|Contains||Ampicillin + Cloxacillin|
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin + Cloxacillin
Uses of Reichlox Capsules
- It is used to treat infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery
Contraindications of Reichlox Capsules
- If you are allergic to Ampicillin, Cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin, etc.
- This medicine should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided
Side effects of Reichlox Capsules
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Reichlox Capsules
Can I take Reichlox Cap during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus and it is usually considered safe. However, it should be used only if considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Reichlox Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Reichlox Cap?
You can drive while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Reichlox Cap?
This medicine is known to have side effects like nausea and vomiting. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a history of allergy to penicillins
- If you experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- If you are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you develop other infections while taking this medicine
- If you have existing kidney problems
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Reichlox Capsules
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Reichlox Capsules
This medicine should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and on an empty stomach or one hour before a meal.
Interactions of Reichlox Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides, Doxycycline interfere with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way in which the oral contraceptive medication works. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Sulfasalazine and Aspirin
Storage and disposal of Reichlox Capsules
- Store in a dry place below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Reichlox Capsules
- The overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure if you have existing kidney problems
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of antibiotic as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
- No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. This is specific for treating bacterial infections while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance....
Does Masturbation Cause Weight Loss? Debunking Sexual Health Misconceptions
Key Highlights: Introduction Masturbation has many myths around it. One such myth claims it can lead to weight loss. There may be some truth to the energy spent during the act. Whether it leads to weight loss is what will be discussed in this article. We will also debunk any misunderstandings, talk about other ways
Foods That Fight Nausea During Pregnancy: Guide For Expecting Mothers
Key Highlights: Introduction The journey of pregnancy is beautiful but one filled with challenges. A very common problem that most women face is nausea or morning sickness. This blog talks about foods that may help fight nausea during pregnancy. This information may help make your journey more pleasant. As you read on, you’ll come across
What Causes Morning Wood: A Scientific Explanation
Key Highlights: Introduction Morning wood is also known as nocturnal penile tumescence. It’s a phenomenon that many men routinely experience. It doesn’t matter how old men are and it’s not related to sexual arousal. By understanding what causes it, you may be better prepared to take the necessary steps to cope with it. In this
Jalapeno Pepper: Exploring Its Research-Backed Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Do you love adding extra jalapenos on your pizza? Of course you do! This variety of chili pepper can really enhance the taste of pizzas, burgers, subs and everything else! That’s largely because of its spicy flavor! Jalapeno peppers are loved worldwide because of their fiery spice and many health perks. These
Blackstrap Molasses: Uncovering Its Health Benefits and Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Blackstrap molasses is the thick, inky syrup, seen by many as a better choice than refined sugar. While being a sweet byproduct of sugar making, it also carries multiple good nutrients. These may do good things to boost our wellness. A rising number of people are turning to blackstrap molasses. They see
Bladderwrack: Discovering Its Research-Based Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction to Bladderwrack For ages, people have turned to bladderwrack (also known as Fucus vesiculosus, a type of brown seaweed that grows in the Baltic Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and North Pacific Ocean. The whole plant is used as medicine), which is rich in nutrients. Planning to eat it? There could be health benefits
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.