Recofast Tablet Description
Recofast tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of symptoms associated with common cold and cold associated with allergies (allergic rhinitis or upper respiratory allergies). It cont
ains two active ingredients phenylephrine which acts as a decongestant and triprolidine which belongs to the anti-allergic class of medicines. Recofast provides temporary relief to the symptoms like watery eyes, itching in the nose/eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing and nasal congestion. It is advised to take the exact recommended dose only and don't advise the same to others even if they have the same symptoms. If no improvement is seen within a week and you experience any kind of adverse reactions like rashes or fever, contact your doctor immediately. Discuss with your doctor about your medical history and any other medicines you are taking currently to avoid any possible adverse reactions.
|You Save||₹7.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Triprolidine(2.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold, allergic rhinitis|
|Side effects||Irregular heart rate, mood swings, fits, weakness, drowsiness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Recofast Tablet
Contraindications of Recofast Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of the Recofast tablet.
- If you are already taking medicines used to treat brain disorders (MAO inhibitors), as there should be at least a gap of 2 weeks before starting this medicine.
Side effects of Recofast Tablet
- Irregular heart rate
- Mood swings
- Easy bleeding
- Decreased frequency of urination
- A rise in blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach, constipation
Precautions and Warnings of Recofast Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of breathing problems.
- You are suffering from a condition with increased pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
- You have any other medical conditions like thyroid disease, heart-related problems, diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You feel difficulty in passing urine due to enlarged prostate.
- You are already taking medicines for a psychiatric disorder or to induce calmness. As it may cause more drowsiness and more excitement in children.
- You don't feel any improvement within a week and feel fever or rashes.
- It should not be given to children below 4 years of age.
Mode of Action of Recofast Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Phenylephrine acts as a decongestant. It helps in removing the congestion in the nose area by narrowing the blood vessels in the nasal passage.
- Triprolidine is an anti-allergic medicine, that acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Thus, the combined action of these two ingredients helps in controlling allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, nasal congestion, etc.
Directions for Use of Recofast Tablet
- It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as instructed by your doctor.
- Don't chew or crush it.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Recofast Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-allergic medicines that are used topically like ointments, creams or sprays should be used cautiously during the treatment with Recofast tablet.
- Caution is recommended on the simultaneous use of Recofast tablet and blood pressure-lowering medicines like atenolol, nifedipine etc.
- Concomitant use with medicines that are used to improve brain disorders like selegiline, phenelzine, procarbazine etc. should be avoided. Also, it is suggested to keep a gap of at least 2 weeks before starting treatment with the Recofast tablet....
- Other medicines that act on the brain and produce calmness like codeine, hydrocodone, alprazolam, zolpidem and other anti-allergic medicines like cetirizine, diphenhydramine etc., should be used with caution....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Recofast Tablet
Dosage of Recofast Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose may include severe forms of some of the side effects including hallucination, fits and irregular heartbeats.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately If you experience any of such symptoms.