Rasalect 1mg Tablet
Rasalect 1 MG Description
Rasalect 1 tablet is an anti-Parkinsonian medication. It contains rasagiline as the active substance. Rasalect 1 tablet is used for the management of Parkinson's disease in adults. Parkinson's disease is a progressive brain disorder that causes shakiness, muscle stiffness and slowing of movement. This medicine works by increasing the levels of a chemical called dopamine in the parts of the brain responsible for controlling movement and coordination. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Rasalect 1 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹27.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, involuntary movements, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth|
Uses of Rasalect 1 MG
Contraindications of Rasalect 1 MG
- If you are allergic to rasagiline or any of the other ingredients of Rasalect 1 tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (used for managing depression or Parkinson’s disease) or pethidine (used to treat pain). If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor. ...
- If you have liver disorders.
Side effects of Rasalect 1 MG
- Involuntary movements
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rasalect 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking any other medicines for treating other health disorders.
- You have liver disorders.
- You develop unusual symptoms and behaviour like compulsions, obsessive thoughts, addictive gambling, excessive spending, impulsive behaviour, an abnormally high sex drive or an increase in sexual thoughts or feelings after taking this medicine....
- You notice any suspicious changes in your skin.
Directions for Use of Rasalect 1 MG
- Take Rasalect 1 tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Rasalect 1 MG
- Store Rasalect 1 tablet in a cool and dry place below 30°C.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rasalect 1 MG
- The symptoms of overdose of Rasalect 1 tablet include hyperactivity, restlessness, confusion, muscle rigidity, sweating, high blood pressure, headache, diarrhoea and shivering.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Rasalect 1 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Rasalect 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Rasalect 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rasalect 1 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Rasalect 1 tablet is contraindicated for use along with other MAO inhibitors like isocarboxazid, selegiline (used to manage depression and Parkinson's disease) and pethidine (used to treat pain).
- The concomitant use of this medicine with sympathomimetics like ephedrine or pseudoephedrine (such as those present in nasal and oral decongestants or cold medicinal products) and dextromethorphan (cough suppressant) is not recommended....
- The concomitant use of Rasalect 1 tablet with fluoxetine or fluvoxamine (used to manage depression and Parkinson's disease) should be avoided.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating bacterial infections (ciprofloxacin) and Parkinson's disease (entacapone).
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Rasalect 1 used for?
Q: Can Rasalect 1 be used in pregnancy?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 01 July 2022]
- Azilect 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 01 July 2022]
- Azilect 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 01 July 2022]