Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Rapitus Plus Syrup is a combination of chlorpheniramine and levodropropizine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergy like irritation in the throat and nose
, sneezing, running nose, etc, while levodropropizine is a cough suppressant. Both these medicines provide relief in dry cough. Sleepiness is one of the common side effects of Rapitus plus syrup. Avoid driving or handling machinery after taking this syrup.
|You Save||₹15.67 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levodropropizine(30.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dryness in mouth, nose and throat, loss of appetite, stomach discomfort|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, levodropropizine or any ingredient of Rapitus plus syrup.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are suffering from cough with excessive discharge (sputum).
Side effects of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Feeling sick, vomiting
- Increased congestion in the chest
- Dryness in mouth, nose and throat
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal discomfort
- Spinning like sensation in the head (dizziness)
Precautions and Warnings of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You have or have ever had asthma or any other lung disease.
- You have difficulty in urinating (due to enlarged prostate).
- You have glaucoma (raised pressure in the eye).
- You have high blood pressure or any disease of the heart.
- You have or ever had fits (seizures).
- You have an overactive thyroid or you are diabetic.
- You are scheduled for surgery or any dental problem.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- You are above 65 years or below 2 years of age.
- You are suffering from kidney disease, liver disease or stomach/ intestinal problems (ulcers/ blockage).
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing treatments and medicines.
Mode of Action of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic medicine that blocks the action of histamine, a naturally occurring substance in the body responsible for causing the allergy.
- Levodropropizine acts by suppressing a cough. Together this combination offers relief in dry cough. It does not treat the underlying disease but offers relief in the symptoms of dry cough and allergy.
Directions for Use of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take Rapitus Plus Syrup as prescribed by your doctor
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities
- Shake well before use
- Do not consume directly from the bottle
Interactions of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rapitus plus syrup with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains chlorpheniramine and levodropropizine, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with any other medicine that makes you sleepy( for example, other anti-allergic medicines, medicines used to treat some mental conditions and opioids painkillers) may add to the effect of sleepiness....
- Tell your doctor about all prescription, non-prescription medicines or herbal supplements that you may be taking.
Storage and disposal of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rapitus Plus Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Rapitus Plus Syrup make me sleepy?
Q: Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup to treat asthma?
Q: Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup for throat infection?
Q: What measures should I take to relieve dry cough?
- Consult your doctor and follow his prescription.
- Prevent your throat from drying by sipping lukewarm water frequently.
- Steam inhalation/warm saline (water and salt solution) gargles.