Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rapitus Plus Syrup is a combination of chlorpheniramine and levodropropizine. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergy like irritation in the throat and nose,
sneezing, running nose, etc, while levodropropizine is a cough suppressant. Both these medicines provide relief in dry cough. Sleepiness is one of the common side effects of Rapitus Plus Syrup. Avoid driving or handling machinery after taking this syrup....
Uses of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
- Rapitus Plus Syrup is used to treat dry cough
Contraindications of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, levodropropizine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are suffering from cough with excessive discharge (sputum).
Side effects of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
- Feeling sick, vomiting
- Increased congestion in the chest
- Dryness in mouth, nose and throat
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal discomfort
- Spinning like sensation in the head (dizziness)
Precautions and Warnings of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup during pregnancy?
You should not take Rapitus Plus Syrup during pregnancy unless needed and prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup while breastfeeding?
Rapitus Plus Syrup has been reported to pass into breast milk in small amounts. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you breastfeed your child.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rapitus Plus Syrup?
Do not drive if you are taking Rapitus Plus Syrup as it can make you sleepy and affect your alertness.
Can I consume alcohol with Rapitus Plus Syrup?
You should avoid alcohol intake when taking Rapitus Plus Syrup as it may add on to the side effects like sleepiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or have ever had asthma or any other lung disease.
- You have difficulty in urinating (due to enlarged prostate).
- You have glaucoma (raised pressure in the eye).
- You have high blood pressure or any disease of the heart.
- You have or ever had fits (seizures).
- You have an overactive thyroid or you are diabetic.
- You are scheduled for surgery or any dental problem.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- You are above 65 years or below 2 years of age.
- You are suffering from kidney disease, liver disease or stomach/ intestinal problems (ulcers/ blockage).
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing treatments and medicines.
Mode of Action of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic medicine that blocks the action of histamine, a naturally occurring substance in the body responsible for causing the allergy.
- Levodropropizine acts by suppressing a cough. Together this combination offers relief in dry cough. It does not treat the underlying disease but offers relief in the symptoms of dry cough and allergy.
Directions for Use of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
- Take Rapitus Plus Syrup as prescribed by your doctor
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities
- Shake well before use
- Do not consume directly from the bottle
Interactions of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains chlorpheniramine and levodropropizine, any interactions seen withthese two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with any other medicine that makes you sleepy( for example, other anti-allergic medicines, medicines used to treat some mental conditions and opioids painkillers) may add to the effect of sleepiness....Read more
- Tell your doctor about all prescription, non-prescription medicines or herbal supplements that you may be taking.
Storage and disposal of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rapitus Plus Sf Syp 100ml
If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Rapitus Plus Syrup make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Rapitus Plus Syrup can make you sleepy. Avoid driving or using heavy machinery while taking this medicine.
Q: Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup to treat asthma?
A: No, you should never take Rapitus Plus Syrup if you are asthmatic. Consult your doctor and take proper asthma treatment. Do not self medicate.
Q: Can I take Rapitus Plus Syrup for throat infection?
A: Rapitus Plus Syrup only acts as a suppressant of dry cough. It will not treat any kind of infection in your throat. Consult your doctor as you may need antibiotics or other medicines for its treatment.
Q: What measures should I take to relieve dry cough?
- Consult your doctor and follow his prescription.
- Prevent your throat from drying by sipping lukewarm water frequently.
- Steam inhalation/warm saline (water and salt solution) gargles.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved