Rapilif 4mg Strip Of 15 Capsule
By IPCA LABORATORIES
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rapilif 4 MG Description
Rapilif capsules contain a medicine called silodosin. This medicine is used to control the symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland, called benign prostatic hyperplasia. It falls under a category of me
dicines called alpha-blockers.
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rapilif 4mg Strip Of 15 Capsule
- Sildoo 4mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 231.00₹ 196.35₹ 19.64/Capsule
- Silofast 4 Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 316.23₹ 268.80₹ 17.92/Capsule
- Silodal 4mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Sun Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.15₹ 16.92/Capsule
- Prostagard 4mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 94.1741.67% CHEAPER₹ 9.42/Capsule
Uses of Rapilif 4 MG
- Enlarged prostate gland symptoms difficulty in urination, pain while urinating, frequency of urination
Contraindications of Rapilif 4 MG
- Severely impaired function of the kidneys or liver
- Past experience of an allergic reaction to silodosin or other contents of the capsule
- Concurrent administration with medicines that inhibit enzyme CYP3A4 such as ritonavir, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, itraconazole and others
- Not indicated for women, children
Side effects of Rapilif 4 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Nasal congestion
- Inflammation of nose or pharynx
Precautions and Warnings of Rapilif 4 MG
Is taking the Rapilif capsule safe during pregnancy?
This medicine is not indicated for use in women.
Is it okay to take Rapilif when I'm breastfeeding?
This medicine is not meant for use in women.
Can I drive after taking the Rapilif capsule?
Side effects such as dizziness can affect the ability to drive properly and hence, driving should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Rapilif capsule?
Ask your doctor about the safety of consuming alcohol while taking Rapilif capsules.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a woman and accidentally took a Rapilif capsule
- You have kidney or liver functioning problems
- You suffer from or have had low blood pressure situations
- You are already taking other medicines such as antifungal medications, medicines for HIV infection
- You are taking any herbal medicines or any supplements for other purposes
- You will be undergoing surgery soon, including eye or dental surgeries
- You feel uneasy after taking the medicine and the side effects do not subside after a few days
Mode of Action of Rapilif 4 MG
How Does It Work?
The active medicine silodosin acts by blocking the action that results in difficulty urinating. It relaxes muscles in the bladder, prostate and the urethra that results in improved urine flow and the symptoms of enlarged prostate are controlled....
Directions for Use of Rapilif 4 MG
- Take the whole capsule with water, without crushing, chewing or breaking it
- Take the capsule exactly as instructed and do not alter the dose by yourself without consultation
- Continue taking the capsules even if your symptoms improve initially and do not stop taking it
- Take it with food, avoid taking on an empty stomach
- Try to take it on the same time every day so that you do not miss a dose
Interactions of Rapilif 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Coadministration of Itraconazole, ketoconazole, ritonavir can levels of silodosin in the blood
- P-glycoprotein inhibitors if given with silodosin can also cause increased exposure to silodosin
- It should not be used with other medicines of alpha-blockers group to avoid enhanced effect
- Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction can decrease the blood pressure
- Taking other blood pressure medicines with it can cause dizziness or lower blood pressure too low
Storage and disposal of Rapilif 4 MG
Protect the capsules from light and moisture. Store them at room temperature and do not let children get hold of it. Avoid using past the expiry date.
Dosage of Rapilif 4 MG
Overdose of Rapilif capsules can cause very low blood pressure. Therefore, in case of an overdose, you should go to a clinic or a hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take a capsule with food if you forget to take it. But if it is almost time for another dose, do not take this capsule. Directly take the next scheduled dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which other things should I be aware of about Rapilif capsules?
A: You may experience orgasm with little or no semen after starting Rapilif capsules. It is, however, reversible after the therapy is stopped. Talk to the doctor about any side effects you begin to experience.
Q: Do I need to follow any specific diet?
A: Unless told by the doctor, you do not need to make dietary changes. You should ask your doctor about eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while on Rapilif therapy.
Q: I have started having painful erections. Is this a side effect of Rapilif capsule?
A: It is possible that silodosin, the active medicine in Rapilif, can cause painful erections that last for a longer time. Call your doctor rightaway and inform them about this.
Q: I am experiencing other troublesome symptoms that have not been mentioned in the side effects section. What can I do?
A: You must consult your doctor about the discomfort you are facing. Only the doctor will be able to tell you whether that is because of the medicine or due to some other factor.
- RAPAFLO® (silodosin) Capsule for oral use [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/022206s012lbl.pdf
- Drugs H. Silodosin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 20 March 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a609002.html
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- RAPILIF D 8/0.5MG NEW STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- RAPILIF 8MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- RAPILIF 4MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- RAPILIF D 4/0.5 MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- RAPILIF 8 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- RAPILIF 8MG STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- RAPILIF D 8/0.5MG STRIP OF 20 COMBIPACK CAPSULES
- RAPILIF D 8/0.5MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- RAPILIF 4MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.