Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
6 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains Ramipril as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used in treating & preventing some heart diseases like heart failure, heart attack, etc. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it, have diabetes, liver or kidney-related diseases, have low blood pressure or are pregnant. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor.
Uses of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used to prevent and treat certain heart diseases like heart attack, heart failure.
Contraindications of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ramipril or any of the ingredient of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- If you are on dialysis.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are pregnant (second and third trimesters).
- If you are taking sacubitril/valsartan used to treat heart failure.
- If you have a history of serious allergic reaction called angioedema (recurrent episodes of swelling).
- If you have diabetes or kidney dysfunction and you are taking blood pressure lowering medicine like aliskiren.
Side effects of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Headache, tiredness, fever
- Dizziness, nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Muscle pain, muscle cramps
- Unable to sleep, anxiety, feeling nervous or restless
- Skin rash, itching, redness
- Dry cough, sinus, bronchitis, shortness of breath
- Fainting, low blood pressure
- Chest pain, irregular heartbeats
- High potassium levels in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine must be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately. If you are pregnant or think you may be, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding as it is unknown if Ramipril passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
This medicine may make you dizzy, hence you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have serious problems related to your liver or kidney disease.
- You have diabetes or any heart related disease.
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- You are planning to get allergy shots for bee or wasp stings.
- You have lupus or a condition of thickening, tightening of the skin, blood vessels.
- You have lost a lot of body fluids due to vomiting, sweating, diarrhoea or are taking water tablets for a long time.
- You are on a low salt diet or have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood or have conditions that may lower sodium levels in your blood.
- You are planning to have surgery and will be given an anaesthetic, you should tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- You are taking medicines that may increase the risk of angioedema like temsirolimus, vildagliptin, sacubitril/valsartan.
- You are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure like valsartan, telmisartan, irbesartan or aliskiren.
- Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is not recommended in patients below 18 years and elderly people may be more sensitive to this medicine.
Mode of Action of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ramipril lowers the blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing of blood vessels, thus allowing your blood vessels to relax and widen, making it easier for blood to flow through.
Directions for Use of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- It is recommended, you take this medicine in the morning.
- You should take Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should not be used concomitantly with valsartan/sacubitril. Valsartan/sacubitril should not be used for 36 hours after the use of ramipril, as it can increase the risk of angioedema.read less
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen interferes with the way this medicine works.
- Concomitant use of ramipril with temsirolimus, everolimus, sirolimus or vildagliptin can increase the risk of angioedema and thus should be used with caution.
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure lowering-medicine (methyldopa, lisinopril, furosemide, candesartan, telmisartan).
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (amiloride, spironolactone), cyclosporin, heparin, potassium salts, trimethoprim alone or in combination with sulfamethoxazole (for infections) and heparin (for thinning the blood) and thus should be used with caution.read less
- The use of antidiabetics (insulin, sitagliptin) along with this medicine can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Your blood cell production may be hampered if you take this with anticancer medicines like cyclophosphamide and methotrexate, allopurinol, procainamide
- Other medicines like lithium, racecadotril, aliskiren, prednisolone, ephedrine, noradrenaline or adrenaline should be used cautiously with Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets does not require any special storage conditions.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, shock, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, salt imbalance, slow heartbeats, kidney failure.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets on my own?
- No, you should not suddenly stop taking Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets without consulting your doctor.
- If you stop the medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems.
- Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved