Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabonik DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine, containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used for the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) not responding to Rabeprazole alone. GERD is a condition that leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity. This medicine decreases the acid reflux and increases the motility of the food pipe, thus preventing the backflow of the stomach content. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in exact dose and duration as prescribed. You should take this medicine on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before a meal. An active and healthy lifestyle is the key to controlling and managing acid reflux or related symptoms....
|You Save||₹32.61 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg),Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastroeasophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Uses of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rabonik DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease.
Contraindications of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of the Rabonik DSR capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, an electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take the Rabonik DSR capsule during pregnancy?
- Rabonik DSR capsules should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Rabonik DSR capsule while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rabonik DSR capsule?
If you experience drowsiness after taking this medicine, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rabonik DSR capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have any mental health problems.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness, etc.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV (atazanavir) or are taking ketoconazole or itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus).
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe....
Directions for Use of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rabonik DSR capsules should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (not to be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabonik DSR capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Rilpivirine should never be used with this medicine.
- Never take these medicines along with it - Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, etc....
- Rabonik DSR capsule interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam and Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rabonik DSR capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store Rabonik DSR capsules below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Symptoms of an overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of the Rabonik DSR capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of the Rabonik DSR capsule, take it as soon as you remember it.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is Rabonik DSR capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any liver or kidney problems. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rabonik DSR capsule for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take Rabonik DSR capsule only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: Can I take the Rabonik DSR capsule for gas?
A: No, the Rabonik DSR capsule is not useful in reducing gas, bloating and flatulence.
Q: How should I take Rabonik DSR?
A: Rabonik DSR should normally be taken at least 30 minutes before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning for best results.
Q: Is Rabonik DSR an antacid?
A: Rabonik DSR is an anti-reflux medicine that is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: What is Rabonik DSR for?
A: Rabonik DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease.
Q: What is the composition of Rabonik DSR?
A: Rabonik DSR composition consists of a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone, as its active component.
- RABICIP D Capsules (Rabeprazole sodium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.