Rablet D Capsule
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Rablet D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Rabeprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. It acts by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. Headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, lack of energy, rash or dry mouth are some common side effects you may experience after taking Rablet D capsules. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Rablet D Capsule
Rablet D capsule is used in treating gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rablet D Capsule
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Rablet D capsule.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rablet D Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rablet D Capsule
Can I take Rablet D capsule during pregnancy?
Rablet D capsule should not be used in pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Rablet D capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Rablet D capsule pass into the breast milk in small amounts and may harm the breastfed baby. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rablet D capsule?
You may experience visual disturbances and drowsiness while on treatment with Rablet D capsule thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Rablet D capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess, as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking Rablet D capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rablet D capsule should not be used in children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Rablet D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Rablet D capsule works by the combined action of two of its components Rabeprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rablet D Capsule
- Rablet D capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rablet D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rablet D capsule with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Never take these medicines along with Rablet D capsule: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine, etc.read less
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Rablet D capsule.
Interactions with food items
- Rablet D capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- Although there are no known interactions with food or beverages, you should avoid nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.read less
Storage and disposal of Rablet D Capsule
- Store Rablet D capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Rablet D Capsule
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of Rablet D capsule, seek urgent medical help.
Missed a Dose
- If you forget to take a dose of Rablet D capsule, it should be taken as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
- In this case, you should skip the missed dose and take the remaining dose as normal. It would be best if you do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Rablet D capsule safe to use if you suffer from any liver disease?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any kind of liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rablet D capsule for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up , where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how many days should Rablet D capsule be taken?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with Rablet D capsule after accessing your condition. You should not stop taking this medicine before the treatment is complete neither you should take it for too long.
Q: What is Rablet D capsule used for?
A: Rablet D capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: Should Rablet D capsule be taken before or after food?
A: Rablet D capsule should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Q: Is Pan-D and Rablet D capsules composition the same?
- No, Rablet D capsule is a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, whereas Pan-D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Both of these medicines are used for the treatment of stomach acid reflux disease.read less
- Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after assessing your health condition and prescribe you with medicine depending upon underlying disease, the severity of disease and other parameters.read less
Q: Is Rablet D capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Rablet D capsule on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, you should never stop taking Rablet D capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine in between the treatment, it may not completely cure your condition and can lead to reoccurrence.
Q: Is Rablet D capsule addictive?
A: No, Rablet D capsule is not an addiction-causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Other Variants for
Rablet D Capsule
Last Updated on: 17 Nov 2020 | 03:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved