Rablet D Capsule
Rablet D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of two medicines - rabeprazole and domperidone. This capsule is used for the treatment of acid reflux disease, also known as GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). Some other capsules containing rabeprazole and domperidone are Razo D capsule, Rabekind DSR capsule, Rabesec DSR capsule, and Rabium DSR capsule.
GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe.
Please report to your doctor if the side effects persist or worsen. Try to take Rablet D first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before the meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment, let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹27.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Rabizena Dsr CapsuleBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 137.50₹ 116.8724.87% CHEAPER₹ 11.69/Capsule
- Rabesec Dsr CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 146.41₹ 124.4520.05% CHEAPER₹ 12.45/Capsule
- Rabefresh Dsr CapsuleBy Smart Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.0045.37% CHEAPER₹ 8.50/Capsule
- Asidita 20/30mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 35.8876.93% CHEAPER₹ 3.59/Capsule
- Rabiplus D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Wanbury Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 272.75₹ 231.840.64% CHEAPER₹ 15.46/Capsule
- Domrab CapsuleBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 119.8523.01% CHEAPER₹ 11.98/Capsule
- Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 192.00₹ 163.2030.08% CHEAPER₹ 10.88/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0059.51% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Bayurab Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Bayu Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.0029.31% CHEAPER₹ 11/Capsule
- Strovo Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy D.r. Johns Lab Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 107.69₹ 91.5441.2% CHEAPER₹ 9.15/Capsule
Uses of RABLET D CAPSULE
Contraindications of RABLET D CAPSULE
- If you are allergic to domperidone, rabeprazole or any of the ingredients of Rablet D capsule.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of RABLET D CAPSULE
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of RABLET D CAPSULE
Other General Warnings
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, and fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, and unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking Rablet D capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rablet D capsules should not be used in children below 12 years.
Directions for Use of RABLET D CAPSULE
- Rablet D capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably in the morning before food.
Storage and disposal of RABLET D CAPSULE
- Store Rablet D capsules in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of RABLET D CAPSULE
- Rablet D capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD occurs when the stomach contents go back into the food pipe. Do not take this medicine for any other condition than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Rablet D capsule, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should preferably be taken before meals for optimum effectiveness.
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting may occur in some individuals with this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience sleepiness after taking Rablet D capsule, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity, like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acid reflux.
Dosage of RABLET D CAPSULE
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of RABLET D CAPSULE
How Does It Work?
- Rablet D capsule works by the combined action of two of its components rabeprazole and domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of RABLET D CAPSULE
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Rablet D works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken along. Hence, it's important to inform your doctor about your complete medication history. ...
- Especially if you are taking anti-infective medicines, medicines for brain-related disorders, medicines for heart conditions, anti-coagulants, etc. Rablet D interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like rilpivirine, atazanavir and nelfinavir and antifungals like posaconazole, ketoconazole and itraconazole....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Rablet D capsule safe if you suffer from liver disease?
Q: What can I do to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily, packed food, carbonated drinks, soda and cold drinks. Reduce alcohol consumption and quit some medicines that are known to increase acidity.
- You should avoid using these for a long duration.
- Avoid lying down immediately after a meal and for up to 2 hours, eat smaller and more frequent meals.
- Avoid eating immediately before bed.
Q: I have been taking Rablet D capsule for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce the dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long-term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be, your doctor may prescribe supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how many days should Rablet D capsule be taken?
Q: What is Rablet D capsule used for?
Q: Should Rablet D capsule be taken before or after food?
Q: Is Pan-D and Rablet D capsules composition the same?
- No, Rablet D capsule is a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone, whereas Pan-D capsule contains pantoprazole and domperidone. Both of these medicines are used for the treatment of stomach acid reflux disease....
- Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after assessing your health condition and prescribe you a medicine depending upon the underlying disease, the severity of the disease and other parameters....