Rabezol Dsr Capsule
By GENETICA PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabezol Dsr Cap contains combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine.
Uses of Rabezol Dsr Cap
It is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rabezol Dsr Cap
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of heart muscle (QT prolongation)
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
Side effects of Rabezol Dsr Cap
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
- Throat infection (Pharyngitis)
- Breast pain and loss of sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Rabezol Dsr Cap
Can I take Rabezol Dsr Cap during pregnancy?
- The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby
- This medicine should not be used in pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby
Can I take Rabezol Dsr Cap while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabezol Dsr Cap?
If you experience drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking this medicine, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabezol Dsr Cap?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine does not affect the way it works. However, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
Mode of Action of Rabezol Dsr Cap
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe
Directions for Use of Rabezol Dsr Cap
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Rabezol Dsr Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationRead less
- Rilpivirine should never be used with this medicine
- Never take these medicines along with it: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine etc.Read less
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding
Interactions with food items
- It should preferably be taken on an empty stomach
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages
- However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process
Storage and disposal of Rabezol Dsr Cap
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Rabezol Dsr Cap
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of the medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabezol Dsr Cap safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration
Q: I have been taking this medicine for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved