Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
Rabalkem Dsr Capsule Description
Rabalkem-DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. Rabalkem DSR is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe a
d causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Rabalkem-DSR capsule contains a combination of two medicines - Rabeprazole and Domperidone. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improving the motility in the gut, thus, reducing the backflow of stomach content into the food pipe. Avoid spicy and oily food while you are on this medicine. Rabalkem DSR capsules should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals for the best results.
- Rabephar Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 107.40₹ 10.74/Capsule
- Pharabe 20/30mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 96.05₹ 9.61/Capsule
- Rabesec Dsr CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 146.41₹ 102.49₹ 10.25/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0028% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Rabiwok Dsr CapsuleBy Wockhardt Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 133.17₹ 93.22₹ 9.32/Capsule
- R Zole Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Bios Lab10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 116.45₹ 98.98₹ 9.9/Capsule
- Ec Rab Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Icon Lifesciences10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 111.00₹ 77.7011% CHEAPER₹ 7.77/Capsule
- Rablet D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 274.50₹ 233.32₹ 15.55/Capsule
- Razo D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 298.50₹ 253.72₹ 16.91/Capsule
- Rabonik Dsr 20mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.11₹ 169.24₹ 11.28/Capsule
Uses of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
Contraindications of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation)
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
- Lack of energy
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
- Components of this capsule pass into the breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby for any side effects....
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures
Mode of Action of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
Interactions of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Rabalkem-DSR capsule if, taken at the same time. However, as this medicine contains rabeprazole and domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Especially if you are taking anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin or brain-related medicines such as diazepam, blood thinners like warfarin, antibiotics like clarithromycin, immunosuppressants like tacrolimus etc....
- Concomitant use of Rabalkem-DSR capsule along with antiviral medicines like rilpivirine, atazanavir, antifungals like ketoconazole and Itraconazole should be used with caution.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with the Rabalkem-DSR capsule. If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding when taken along with the Rabalkem-DSR capsule....
Interactions with food items
- It should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
- Store Rabalkem-DSR capsules below 25°C, protected from moisture and light
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rabalkem Dsr Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabalkem-DSR capsule safe for me?
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking cap Rabalkem DSR for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.