Qutipin 200mg Tablet
Qutipin 200 MG Description
Qutipin 200mg Tablets are an antipsychotic type of medicine. It aids in the treatment of bipolar disorders, schizophrenia, and manic phases of exhilaration. Hallucination, false perception of objects
or persons being around, and delusions are common symptoms of schizophrenia. Qutipin 200mg Tablet contains the antipsychotic medication quetiapine. Common side effects of Qutipin 200mg Tablets include drowsiness, dizziness, headaches, dry mouth, abnormal muscle movements, tremors, decreased haemoglobin levels, weight gain, and changes in cholesterol levels. Some additional side effects seen in women are swelling of the breasts, production of breast milk, and irregular menstruation. If you suffer from ailments with your liver, kidneys, or heart, tell your doctor before taking Qutipin 200 Tablets. Also, make sure that you never start or stop taking Qutipin 200 mg tablets without consulting your doctor first.
|Uses||Bipolar depression, mania, and schizophrenia|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, dry mouth, tremors, muscle stiffness|
Uses of Qutipin 200 MG
- According to CDSCO Qutipin 200mg is used for,
- Treatment of schizophrenia personality disorder
- Treatment of bipolar depression
- Alleviate feelings of sadness and irritability.
- Treatment of the manic disorder
- Alleviate nervousness, panic, anxiety, and fear
Contraindications of Qutipin 200 MG
- If you are allergic to the active and/or inactive components in the Qutipin 200mg Tablet
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, taking this medicine might worsen the condition
- If you are on medication for kidney diseases, take this medicine with caution
- If you have a history of urine retention, this medicine might elevate the risk of adverse effects
- If you are on medication for increased blood pressure, take this medicine with caution
- If you take monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOs) or have taken them in the last 15 days, you should not use Qutipin 200 mg tablets.
- If you are actively suffering from liver disease, use it with caution
Side effects of Qutipin 200 MG
- Blurred vision
- Increased heart rate
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty or painful urination
Precautions and Warnings of Qutipin 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You conceive during the course of Qutipin Tablets or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are a nursing mother.
- You experience a change in mood and behaviour as there is an elevated risk of suicidal tendencies.
- Your job requires you to engage in activities that require focus and concentration, like driving or operating heavy machinery.
- Your sugar levels can increase, even if you don't have diabetes. Qutipin 200mg Tablet can raise blood sugar levels, especially in those with schizophrenia.
- You must not use it in children under 18 years old due to its uncertain safety and efficacy.
Mode of Action of Qutipin 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Qutipin 200 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions for using Qutipin Tablet.
- The dosage and duration of Qutipin 200mg Tablets are determined by the doctor, depending on your age and health status.
- Ensure that you complete the recommended course of Qutipin Tablet.
- Do not stop taking Qutipin 200mg Tablets abruptly or exceed the recommended dosage, even if your symptoms do not improve.
- Do not alter the dosage of Qutipin Tablets unless advised to by the treating doctor.
- It is usually taken before night if given once a day. If given twice a day, it is taken in the morning and at bedtime.
- Swallow Qutipin Tablet as a whole. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
Interactions of Qutipin 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Qutipin 200mg, when taken with anticonvulsants like phenytoin (5-fold) or thioridazine, quicken the removal of quetiapine from the body.
- Barbiturates belonging to the sedative class of medicines reduce the absorption of Qutipin 200mg by the liver. Hence, they should not be used together.
- Rifampicin belonging to an antimycobacterial group can interact with Qutipin 200mg to cause serious psychotic disorders.
- Benzodiazepines like lorazepam inhibit the liver's process of eliminating Qutipin 200 mg, which may result in excess of the medicine in the body.
- To avoid adverse side effects associated with drug interactions, you must inform your doctor about all medicine and/or supplements you are currently taking.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit, its juice, or products containing the fruit with Qutipin 200mg tablets.
- Apart from this, a regular diet can be continued with Qutipin unless advised otherwise.
Storage and disposal of Qutipin 200 MG
Dosage of Qutipin 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it possible to quit taking Qutipin 200mg Tablets suddenly?
Q: How long can I take Qutipin 200mg Tablets?
Q: Can Qutipin 200mg Tablet make you suicidal?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- These highlights do not include all the information needed to use QUETIAPINE TABLETS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for QUETIAPINE TABLETS. QUETIAPINE tablets, for oral use Initial U.S. Approval: 1997 [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- Quetiapine: Hepatocellular damage: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Feb 24];1467(1):33–33. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from: